- 1 How do I submit my film to film festivals?
- 2 How do you get into Venice Film Festival?
- 3 How do I submit to the Cannes Film Festival?
- 4 How do I submit to the Berlin International Film Festival?
- 5 Are film festivals worth it?
- 6 How much does it cost to enter film festivals?
- 7 Where is the Venice Film Festival held?
- 8 Where can I submit short films?
- 9 How much does it cost to submit a film to Cannes?
- 10 How do I submit a short film to a festival?
- 11 What is the highest prize awarded for the best film at the Berlin International Film Festival?
How do I submit my film to film festivals?
What to Include When Submitting Your Film to Festivals
- Create Your Profile. Image via FilmFreeway.
- World Premiere. Image by Bosko.
- Behind the Scenes Assets. Image by Janelle Lugge.
- Customize Every Submission.
- Understand Each Festival.
- Know Your Target Audience.
- Follow the Rules.
- The Importance of a Good Story.
How do you get into Venice Film Festival?
How can I attend or participate?
- Many of the film screenings each year are open to the public.
- Each year, the festival is held at Lido in the Venetian Lagoon.
- Accredited visitors can also use their pass to book screenings at the Sala Grande, the main screening venue, using the website.
How do I submit to the Cannes Film Festival?
To submit a film, you need to:
- Comply with the Preselection Conditions.
- Fill out the online Entry Form.
- Upload your film online (for short films)
- Send your film (for feature films) to the address indicated at the bottom of the Entry Form.
- If your film is selected, you must comply with the Festival’s Rules and Regulations.
How do I submit to the Berlin International Film Festival?
Films can be submitted to the festival via file upload on the Berlinale website after the online film registration process is complete. The other accepted technical format for selection screenings is DCP. If you wish to send a DCP for the selection screenings please contact the Film Office in advance.
Are film festivals worth it?
Film festivals offer great opportunities for your film to be seen. Sometimes putting your project on Vimeo or YouTube is not enough to get people to watch it. Festivals offer a captive audience and a chance to have people see your work.
How much does it cost to enter film festivals?
The average cost to enter a short film into a film festival is around $27. Entrance fees for of a feature film into a film festival will generally cost an average of $40.
Where is the Venice Film Festival held?
Lido di Venezia 2019 Venice 2019, 2018, 2017, Palazzo del Cinema 2019, 2018, 2017, Венецианский кинофестиваль / Места проведения The festival is held in late August or early September on the island of the Lido in the Venice Lagoon. Screenings take place in the historic Palazzo del Cinema on the Lungomare Marconi. The festival continues to be one of the world’s most popular and fastest-growing.
Where can I submit short films?
We’ve gathered some of the best short film websites below where you can see short films.
- Short of The Week. Short of The Week posts emerging short films on their website — and no longer just once per week.
- Vimeo Short Films and Staff Picks.
- Nowness Picks.
- Film Shortage.
How much does it cost to submit a film to Cannes?
The online entry form for the Cannes Film Festival is typically available every October. All films must be submitted by March 16th. There are no application fees for short films. For feature films, the application fee ranges from 50 Euros to 350 Euros, depending upon how you are submitting the film.
How do I submit a short film to a festival?
10 Tips for Submitting to Film Festivals
- Niche Festivals. Instead, seek out fests that align with the genre or subject matter of your film.
- Submit Your Film Early. You’re free to submit your fest throughout the submission period, but the truth is the later you wait the harder it may be to land a spot.
- Don’t Neglect Sound Design.
- Don’t Watermark Your Film.
What is the highest prize awarded for the best film at the Berlin International Film Festival?
The Golden Bear (German: Goldener Bär) is the highest prize awarded for the best film at the Berlin International Film Festival.