- 1 How hot is Venice in December?
- 2 Is Los Angeles warm in December?
- 3 Is it hot in California in December?
- 4 What is the temperature like in California in December?
- 5 Is December a good time to visit Venice?
- 6 What months does Venice flood?
- 7 What should I avoid in Los Angeles?
- 8 What is the coldest month in LA?
- 9 Can you swim in California in December?
- 10 Where should I go for Christmas vacation in California?
- 11 What should I wear in California in December?
- 12 Is California hot at Christmas?
- 13 Does LA have a winter?
- 14 Is December a good time to visit Los Angeles?
- 15 When should I visit California?
How hot is Venice in December?
December in Venice is marked by chilly temperatures and moderate rainfall, with heavy fog. At the beginning of the month, average temperatures are at 6°C (43°F), with highs of 9°C (48°F) and lows of 3°C (37°F). By mid-December, averages drop slightly to 5°C (40°F), with highs of 8°C (45°F) and lows of 2°C (34°F).
Is Los Angeles warm in December?
Los Angeles during December tends to have comfortable to cool afternoons with cool to cold evenings and mornings. Afternoon high temperatures tend to be the mid to upper 60s F (19-24 C) with a few of the warmer days reaching into the upper 70s F (25-27 C), mostly early in the month.
Is it hot in California in December?
California in December: Weather
It’s one of the coolest months for the state but that means you can expect day time temperatures in Southern California in the mid to high 60’s and overnight lows of about 50 degrees. Days are mostly sunny with scattered rain showers.
What is the temperature like in California in December?
The minimum temperature usually falls between 46 and 49 °F (8 to 10 °C). December is the coldest month overall for Los Angeles and the 21st to 23rd are its chilliest days. They have daily highs averaging 67.3 °F (19.6 °C) and lows of 47.1 °F (8.4 °C). Most days in November warm to over 60 °F (16 °C) in Los Angeles.
Is December a good time to visit Venice?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Winters are cold with temperatures in the 30s and 40s, while spring brings Venice’s most beautiful weather.
What months does Venice flood?
The fall is a lovely time to visit Venice, but it is also when the acqua alta (flooding, or literally “high water”) is more likely to occur. October through January is the typical high water season, though flooding can occur at any time during the year.
What should I avoid in Los Angeles?
12 Things Not to Do in Los Angeles
- Don’t eat at Pink’s Hot Dogs.
- Don’t take a star home tour.
- Don’t shop on Rodeo Drive or The Grove.
- Don’t hike Runyon Canyon.
- Don’t go to Hollywood and Highland.
- Don’t walk the Venice Beach Boardwalk on the weekend.
- Don’t rely on public transportation or taxis to get around.
- Don’t go to the Sunset Strip during the day.
What is the coldest month in LA?
What is the coldest month in Los Angeles? With an average high-temperature of 64°F (17.8°C) and an average low-temperature of 50°F (10°C), December is the coldest month in Los Angeles, California.
Can you swim in California in December?
yes.. water temperature may average around 62 degrees but it could be 70 to 80 degrees on the sand, perfect for sunbathing, volleyball, beach sports etc. Most locals, surfers etc wear wetsuits but I see people from colder climes swimming in the water all the time.
Where should I go for Christmas vacation in California?
7 Best Christmas Getaways in California – Tripping.com
- 7 Best Christmas Getaways in California. Share on Facebook.
- Newport Beach. While most people associate pine trees with Christmas, don’t overlook the delight that palm trees can bring to the holiday.
- Yosemite National Park.
- Mammoth Mountain.
- Big Bear Lake.
- San Francisco.
What should I wear in California in December?
Take a combination of tee shirts, light blouses or polo’s, long-sleeved shirts, and a few dressy options for evenings on the town. Additionally, include some pieces you can wear as a top layer during chilly winter mornings. This may include down vests, cardigans, and ponchos.
Is California hot at Christmas?
We do not have hot weather in December. It is our winter and the temperature in the coastal area near the beaches will be anywhere from 18C-22C during the day when the sun is out. The minute the sun goes down in the evening or if it is a bit rainy then the temperature will be lower.
Does LA have a winter?
Winter in Los Angeles
Although winter is the rainy season in L.A., it is also the clear season, compared to summers, which are dry but overcast, especially at the beaches. Winters can range from cool to warm and are usually the rainiest of L.A.‘s seasons. Santa Ana winds can also blow in during the winter.
Is December a good time to visit Los Angeles?
December is a perfect month to visit Los Angeles, weather-wise. December can be one of the rainiest months of the year. If you’re thinking of going to LA in December, expect all the top tourist attractions to be packed during the last two weeks of the month and even more packed between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
When should I visit California?
The best travel time for California is from May to September. In these months it is sunny, warm and the likelihood of rain is very low. April and October are also good months for a Californian getaway! Holidaymakers who can’t stand high temperatures, I would recommend avoiding the period from July to August.