- 1 Is Venice FL A good place to retire?
- 2 How cold does it get in Venice Florida?
- 3 How many days of sunshine does Venice Florida have?
- 4 Is Venice Florida worth visiting?
- 5 Is Venice Florida Expensive?
- 6 What is the safest city in Florida?
- 7 Why is Venice smelly?
- 8 Has a hurricane ever hit Venice FL?
- 9 How safe is Venice Florida?
- 10 What is Venice FL known for?
- 11 What is the closest major airport to Venice Florida?
- 12 What is there to do in Venice Beach Florida?
- 13 What is the nicest town in Florida?
- 14 How far is Fort Myers from Venice Florida?
- 15 Is Venice beach safe to swim in?
Is Venice FL A good place to retire?
With an average age of 69.1 years for its year-round citizens, Venice has recently been named as the 2nd Best City in Florida for Seniors to Retire in by GoodCall.com (2017), the 7th Most Charming Small Town in Florida by Touropia.com (2018) and the “Best Beach Town” for Retirement by Southern Living Magazine (2020).
How cold does it get in Venice Florida?
In Venice, the summers are long, hot, oppressive, wet, and mostly cloudy and the winters are short, cool, windy, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 53°F to 89°F and is rarely below 40°F or above 92°F.
How many days of sunshine does Venice Florida have?
On average, there are 252 sunny days per year in Venice.
The US average is 205 sunny days. Venice gets some kind of precipitation, on average, 106 days per year.
Is Venice Florida worth visiting?
No, this isn’t Italy; this is Venice in Florida, and the beachside city is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the state. Found on the western coast of the Floridian Peninsula, halfway between Fort Myers and Tampa Bay, Venice is named for the elaborate waterways and canals that cut through the city.
Is Venice Florida Expensive?
Venice’s housing expenses are 2% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 6% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 8% lower than the national average. Venice has grocery prices that are 20% higher than the national average.
What is the safest city in Florida?
Florida’s Safest Cities
|4||North Palm Beach||117|
Why is Venice smelly?
The effluent from the millions of tourists that visit the city goes straight into the canals and the shallow lagoon, sometimes causing a thick soup of algae and the smell of rotting vegetation.
Has a hurricane ever hit Venice FL?
The most damage from a hurricane in the Venice area was in 1928 when Venice had about 100 homes and 4,000 residents. In Venice, two homes were destroyed but no deaths were reported. The second deadliest hurricane to hit Venice was Hurricane Donna in 1960.
How safe is Venice Florida?
The city has a property crime rate of 12.6 per 1,000 people. Venice, though slightly larger with a population of 23,362, was No. 17 on the list. The city in Sarasota County has reported a violent crime rate in 2020 of 1.1 per 1,000 people and a property crime rate of 13.8.
What is Venice FL known for?
Venice, Florida is famous for its world-class beaches and stunning natural beauty. However, this Gulf Coast city isn’t only known for its 14 miles of beach: it’s also a fascinating town with a rich history and culture.
What is the closest major airport to Venice Florida?
The closest airport to Venice is Sarasota–Bradenton Intl. Airport.
What is there to do in Venice Beach Florida?
Venice Area Attractions | Attractions Near Venice Beach, Florida
- Historic Spanish Point. Address: 337 N.
- Mote Marine. Address: 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy, SRQ.
- Venice Fishing Pier.
- The Venice Symphony.
- Venetian Waterway Park.
- Venice Archives & Area Historical Collection.
- Venice Area Audubon Rookery.
- Venice Art Center.
What is the nicest town in Florida?
14 of the Most Beautiful Towns in Florida
- Matlacha. Credit: Nadezda Murmakova/shutterstock.com.
- Sanibel Island. Sanibel Island Florida.
- Grayton Beach. Credit: Rotorhead 30A Production/shutterstock.com.
- Mount Dora. Credit: © Gabriela Fojt/dreamstime.com.
- Tarpon Springs.
- Santa Rosa Beach.
- Indian Rocks Beach.
How far is Fort Myers from Venice Florida?
The total driving distance from Fort Myers, FL to Venice, FL is 60 miles or 97 kilometers.
Is Venice beach safe to swim in?
The ocean water at the Venice Beach area is polluted. Swimmers in polluted water run the risk of getting infections, which commonly show up as an ear infection if ocean water gets into the ear canals.