- 1 Which is the best area to stay in Venice?
- 2 Is it cheap in Venice?
- 3 Is Rome cheaper than Venice?
- 4 How much does a trip to Venice cost?
- 5 What should you not do in Venice?
- 6 Does Venice smell?
- 7 Is food expensive in Venice?
- 8 Is Venice safe at night?
- 9 Can you drink water from the tap in Venice?
- 10 Should I visit Venice or Rome?
- 11 What is the best month to visit Rome?
- 12 Is it safe to walk around Rome at night?
- 13 How many days do you need for Venice?
- 14 Is Venice going to sink?
- 15 Is Venice safe for tourists?
Which is the best area to stay in Venice?
- #1 San Marco – Where to stay in Venice first time.
- #2 Cannaregio – Where to stay in Venice on a budget.
- #3 Dorsoduro – Best area to stay in Venice for nightlife.
- #4 Castello – Coolest place to stay in Venice.
- #5 San Polo – Best area to stay in Venice for families.
- Final Thoughts on Where to Stay in Venice.
Is it cheap in Venice?
But do be warned, Venice is expensive, there are practically no hostels, the food is generally poor and the place is completely overrun with tourists. However, it’s still one of those places that everyone needs to see at least once — and you better hurry up because the city is slowly sinking into the ocean.
Is Rome cheaper than Venice?
Rome is much cheaper to stay and eat. I found rooms in Venice were way more expensive and very hard to get to unless you pay for a watertaxi which is the expensive alternative to a waterbus. Venice is very hard to get around if you are lugging suitcases.
How much does a trip to Venice cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Venice is $1,837 for a solo traveler, $3,299 for a couple, and $6,185 for a family of 4.
What should you not do in Venice?
9 Things *Not* To Do In Venice
- Do NOT go to Harry’s Bar.
- Do NOT touch the canals.
- Do NOT get in the gondola.
- Do NOT bother with Murano and Borano.
- Do NOT get attached to the idea of breakfast as you know it.
- Do NOT arrive by cruise ship.
- Do NOT visit in the summer.
- Do NOT bring a roll-aboard.
Does Venice smell?
Venice canals do not smell.
Contrary to what other tourists say, Venice doesn’t smell at all. If anything, you’ll smell salt water in the canals. Some say though that during summer when water levels are lower in smaller canals they can smell a bit. Other than that, Venice stays odor-free.
Is food expensive in Venice?
Average cost of food – Eating in Venice is really expensive. It’s hard to get a cheap meal in the city. It’s better to eat out for lunch rather than dinner since lunch menus are often under €20 ($22.40 USD). If you go out for dinner, expect to pay between €35-55 ($40-62 USD) for a meal with drinks.
Is Venice safe at night?
Venice is an exceptionally safe city, and this nighttime walk will stick to well-populated areas. Mark’s Square is home to Venice’s most commanding architecture, most of which dates between 1300-1600.
Can you drink water from the tap in Venice?
You can drink the water in Venice and save yourself the expense and waste of bottled water. Venice’s tap water is pumped in from the Italian mainland so you don’t have to worry about anything questionable in the water that is floating under the city.
Should I visit Venice or Rome?
Venice is a much smaller city and is known for being particularly pricey everywhere, whereas Rome has a better range of accommodation as well as more free things to see and do.
What is the best month to visit Rome?
The best time to visit Rome is from October to April when most of the tourist crowds have dissipated and room rates are lower. Although you’ll need a warm coat, weather this time of year hardly ever dips below freezing.
Is it safe to walk around Rome at night?
Have been to Rome twice and had no issues walking around at night. Take the normal precautions and stay away from secluded areas and you’ll be fine. There are plenty of people walking around the historic center at night. Have a nice time.
How many days do you need for Venice?
Spend 2-3 days in Venice, and you’ll be able to experience the city’s many highlights and visit a few of the surrounding islands, like Burano and Morano.
Is Venice going to sink?
As climate change continues to worsen, the water levels in Venice will continue to rise, and the Floating City will continue to sink. Sadly, the city of Venice’s future does not look pretty. Many experts say that the city could be completely underwater as early as the year 2100.
Is Venice safe for tourists?
Despite so many tourists that wander the streets of Venice, it is a very safe city. Like any other touristic place, public transport and crowded areas might be dangerous in terms of thieves. Do not take too much money with you when you are out and use a hotel safe for valuables.