- 1 Is December a good time to visit Venice?
- 2 Is Venice good in December?
- 3 Does it snow in Venice in December?
- 4 Does Venice have Christmas markets?
- 5 Is it a good idea to go to Italy in December?
- 6 How many days in Venice is enough?
- 7 What is there to do in Venice in December?
- 8 What months does Venice flood?
- 9 Is Venice expensive?
- 10 Is it worth visiting Venice in winter?
- 11 What should I buy in Venice?
- 12 Can you drink water from the tap in Venice?
- 13 Where is the best Christmas market in the world?
- 14 How many nights should I stay in Venice?
- 15 Where is the best Christmas market?
Is December a good time to visit Venice?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Winters are cold with temperatures in the 30s and 40s, while spring brings Venice’s most beautiful weather.
Is Venice good in December?
With the luxury hotels lowering their bar to accommodate the low-season crowd, a trip to Venice in December becomes a budgeted affair for those looking to travel comfortably. This month of the year is an ideal time for those looking to spend some tranquil, romantic time by the canals.
Does it snow in Venice in December?
During the last 2 years in Venice, Venice weather has snowed 2 times, during December 2017 and during January 2018. Snow coming down from the sky in Venice is amazing and we hope you’ll have the opportunity to see it since it makes the city even more magical than it already is.
Does Venice have Christmas markets?
The Venice Christmas market is the perfect place for something a little different for your loved ones to unwrap on December 25th – from traditional carnival masks to Murano glass jewellery and marbled paper gifts. One section of the market is dedicated to Italian foods.
Is it a good idea to go to Italy in December?
Most people think of Italy as a summer destination but December can be a great time to visit Italy. There are fewer crowds so the pace is a lot less hectic than it is during the peak tourist season and the food tastes the same no matter the season. Italy in December has a lot to offer the discerning tourist.
How many days in Venice is enough?
Spend 2-3 days in Venice, and you’ll be able to experience the city’s many highlights and visit a few of the surrounding islands, like Burano and Morano.
What is there to do in Venice in December?
10 Reasons to Visit Venice This Winter
- Venice Carnevale.
- Campo San Polo Ice Rink.
- Hot Chocolate at Caffè Florian.
- Saint Mark’s Basilica.
- Gondola Rides.
- Teatro La Fenice.
- Libreria Acqua Alta.
- Club del Doge.
What months does Venice flood?
The fall is a lovely time to visit Venice, but it is also when the acqua alta (flooding, or literally “high water”) is more likely to occur. October through January is the typical high water season, though flooding can occur at any time during the year.
Is Venice expensive?
With its historical canals, gondolas, and winding streets, Venice is considered one of the most romantic and most famous cities in the world. However, the city is very expensive, especially on the main island.
Is it worth visiting Venice in winter?
Winter is a romantic season in Venice, and the more civilized crowds and lower prices make it an appealing time to visit.
What should I buy in Venice?
Top 15 Things to Buy in Venice
- Murano Glass. If you’re looking for authentic Italian glasswork unlike anywhere else in the world, head to the small island northeast of Venice called Murano, the birthplace of glass-blowing.
- Authentic Venetian Wooden Puzzles.
- Burano Lace.
- Venetian Masks.
- Door Knockers.
- Leather Handbags.
- Paper Products.
- Gondolier’s Hat.
Can you drink water from the tap in Venice?
You can drink the water in Venice and save yourself the expense and waste of bottled water. Venice’s tap water is pumped in from the Italian mainland so you don’t have to worry about anything questionable in the water that is floating under the city.
Where is the best Christmas market in the world?
17 of the best Christmas markets in the world
- Stockholm, Sweden – Stortorget julmarknad.
- Helsinki, Finland – Helsinki Christmas Market.
- Sibiu, Romania – Piața Mare.
- Strasbourg, France – Christkindelsmärik.
- Toronto, ON, Canada – Toronto Christmas Market.
- Dresden, Germany – Dresdner Striezelmarkt.
- Copenhagen, Denmark – Tivoli Gardens.
- Moscow, Russia – The Red Square.
How many nights should I stay in Venice?
In practice, most visitors will only have a few days, but we would advise anyone to consider four nights as a minimum. With a two night break, visitors are left with only one full day to explore, which means there is more time spent travelling than enjoying the destination.
Where is the best Christmas market?
Best Christmas Markets in Europe
- Tallinn. Estonia. This year thousands of you from all over the world have awarded Tallinn the title of Best Christmas Market in Europe.
- Budapest. Hungary.
- Strasbourg. France.
- Vienna. Austria.
- Erfurt. Germany.
- Poznan. Poland.
- Brussels. Belgium.
- Aachen. Germany.