- 1 Is it better to stay in Venice Beach or Santa Monica?
- 2 Can I walk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach?
- 3 Why is Venice Beach dangerous?
- 4 What is the best area to stay in Los Angeles as a tourist?
- 5 What should I avoid in Los Angeles?
- 6 Is Santa Monica safe for tourists?
- 7 Are there sharks in Santa Monica Beach?
- 8 Is Venice Beach worth visiting?
- 9 Is Santa Monica Pier worth visiting?
- 10 Do any celebrities live in Venice Beach?
- 11 Are there sharks in Venice Beach California?
- 12 Is Venice Beach a bad area?
- 13 Where should you not stay in LA?
- 14 Which areas of LA are dangerous?
- 15 Which part of Los Angeles is dangerous?
Is it better to stay in Venice Beach or Santa Monica?
Looking at them, Santa Monica is certainly the more stylish, upmarket suburb of the two. It’s catering to more sophisticated shopping and travel. Venice Beach attracts a younger more grungy traveler, and the accommodation is styled and sized to suit that market.
Can I walk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach?
Can I Walk From Santa Monica to Venice Beach? The short answer here is that it is possible though its roughly a 45 minute walk (just over two miles or three and a half kilometers) so if it’s a nice day and you enjoy walking, go for it!
Why is Venice Beach dangerous?
The ocean water at the Venice Beach area is polluted. Pollution increases after a rain storm because the street debris from the city streets runs down the storm drains to the ocean.
What is the best area to stay in Los Angeles as a tourist?
1. Hollywood. Hollywood is a great place to stay for first-time visitors to Los Angeles – and especially good if you don’t plan on renting a car as it’s a hub for public transportation.
What should I avoid in Los Angeles?
12 Things Not to Do in Los Angeles
- Don’t eat at Pink’s Hot Dogs.
- Don’t take a star home tour.
- Don’t shop on Rodeo Drive or The Grove.
- Don’t hike Runyon Canyon.
- Don’t go to Hollywood and Highland.
- Don’t walk the Venice Beach Boardwalk on the weekend.
- Don’t rely on public transportation or taxis to get around.
- Don’t go to the Sunset Strip during the day.
Is Santa Monica safe for tourists?
Santa Monica is not a high-crime area, but as is the case in many tourist destinations, visitors to the city may be targets for muggings or robberies, especially if they appear particularly affluent or vulnerable. It’s important to take common sense precautions.
Are there sharks in Santa Monica Beach?
White sharks congregate at hot spots including Santa Barbara, Ventura, Santa Monica Bay, the Long Beach-Huntington Beach area and the San Clemente-San Onofre area, said Patrick Rex, a graduate student at the Shark Lab. In addition, they use drone surveys to record sharks as they move among people in the water.
Is Venice Beach worth visiting?
The beach part of Venice Beach is definitely a worthwhile and unique place to visit on a weekend. A lot of people and street performers. What is not widely known is that hidden away a block or two inland are some interesting modern houses along the canals. Also inland is the retail district along Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Is Santa Monica Pier worth visiting?
Santa Monica Pier itself is fun only for a short time but the areas surrounding it are worth visiting. I love watching the sunset along Ocean Avenue north of the pier. For something different that your family will enjoy, check out the Annenberg Community Beach House nearby.
Do any celebrities live in Venice Beach?
Well-known former and current residents of Venice include actresses Julia Roberts, Kate Beckinsale, and Anjelica Huston, actors Tom Conway, Nicolas Cage, Chaney Kley, Tim Meadows, Robert Hegyes and musicians Perry Farrell, Evidence of Dilated Peoples, Joshua Kadison, John Lydon, Ozzy from Survivor, John Frusciante of
Are there sharks in Venice Beach California?
VENICE, CA — A shark sighting near the Venice Pier Monday prompted a warning from Los Angeles County Fire Department Lifeguards. It’s not uncommon to see juvenile great white sharks that size near the Los Angeles County coastline. Juvenile great whites feed off fish and stingrays abundant in the area.
Is Venice Beach a bad area?
Venice Beach used to be one of California’s great places. Today, Venice Beach is off limits to families who used to spend their Saturdays at the shore. It’s simply too dangerous.
Where should you not stay in LA?
BONUS – Where NOT to stay in LA (+ the list of safest neighbourhoods)
- Skid Row (the largest number of homeless people in the US live here)
- South Central.
- Downtown LA (only at night)
- Hyde Park.
- West Adams.
Which areas of LA are dangerous?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Los Angeles, CA
- Chinatown. Population 23,676. 305 %
- Civic Center-Little Tokyo. Population 3,457. 299 %
- South Park. Population 7,021. 269 %
- Lincoln Heights. Population 2,763. 265 %
- Leiment Park. Population 10,458. 199 %
- West Adams. Population 11,961. 198 %
- South Los Angeles. Population 248,666. 132 %
- Hyde Park. Population 34,645. 123 %
Which part of Los Angeles is dangerous?
In terms of bad neighborhoods in Los Angeles, that same research shows the highest rates of crime occurring in Chesterfield Square, Watts, Exposition Park, Chinatown, Crenshaw, Fairfax, and Hollywood.