- 1 Where is the best place to get a gondola ride in Venice?
- 2 How much should I pay for a gondola ride in Venice?
- 3 How much is a gondola ride in Venice per person?
- 4 Are gondola rides in Venice worth it?
- 5 Can you walk into Venice from cruise ship?
- 6 Is 2 Days in Venice enough?
- 7 How do I get a cheap gondola ride in Venice?
- 8 What is the best month to go to Venice?
- 9 Is Venice very expensive?
- 10 Do you need to pre book gondola rides in Venice?
- 11 Can you pay for a gondola ride with a credit card?
- 12 Is there Uber in Venice Italy?
- 13 What should you not miss in Venice?
- 14 Can you drink on gondolas in Venice?
- 15 Is there an entrance fee in Venice Grand Canal mall?
Where is the best place to get a gondola ride in Venice?
Good places to find gondolas away from the Grand Canal and St. Mark’s Square include the San Polo and Campo San Barnaba areas, and the Jewish Ghetto. Choose a gondola stop in the area you want to visit. If you want back canals, walk a few blocks off the main street (and away from San Marco) to look for a gondolier.
How much should I pay for a gondola ride in Venice?
Standard gondola rides in Venice have a fixed cost 80 euros for a private 25-30 minutes tour. At night, however, the cost of a gondola ride is 120 euros for a private 25-30 minutes tour. If you desire to stay longer, tell the gondolier and ask for the price before the start of the tour.
How much is a gondola ride in Venice per person?
The price for a gondola ride is 31,00 Euro per person. Duration: about 30 to 35 minutes. This amount is NOT negotiable with the gondolier. 6 persons in a gondola and then ask for “only 31 Euro” per person.
Are gondola rides in Venice worth it?
Riding a gondola in Venice is absolutely worth it! While it’s pricy, it’s one of the things you HAVE to do when in Venice. There is no way to see many amazing parts of Venice without this gondola ride.
Can you walk into Venice from cruise ship?
For others there is no problem. Cruise ships stop in a few different spots in Venice, some stops closer to the main sights than others. The walk from the cruise terminal to Piazza San Marco would take 45-60 minutes, but would pass through many areas of Venice and so might be interesting to you.
Is 2 Days in Venice enough?
Yes! It’s more than enough. Venice is a very compact city and two full days is a lot of time to see the major sights.
How do I get a cheap gondola ride in Venice?
TIP: For a really cheap gondola ride in Venice, you may try the traghetto gondola service. It’s a ferry service used mainly by locals who want to get from one side of the Grand Canal to the other. For just 2.5 EUR, you can cross the Grand Canal in a real Venetial gondola.
What is the best month to go to Venice?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Although the temperatures – which range from the upper 30s to mid-70s – necessitate some layers, the lowered hotel rates and the barren canals make it worth it.
Is Venice very expensive?
Venice is beautiful, fun, and full of great alleys to get lost in. It’s a magical place. There are museums, palaces, and historic town squares to explore, and endless gelato to eat! However, the city is very expensive, especially on the main island.
Do you need to pre book gondola rides in Venice?
Re: Should I book the gondola ride in advance? Wait till you get there. There is no shortage of gondolas, and no need to pay extra to a tour company.
Can you pay for a gondola ride with a credit card?
Just cash, they don’t have the facility to take cards.
Is there Uber in Venice Italy?
Uber in Venice? NEVER. Uber in Venice, it is not possible given the restricted rules of the City of Venice for the licenses and taxi drivers supervision by Venetians, who in a few hours would block the canals of Venice in protest.
What should you not miss in Venice?
10 Things you must not miss in Venice, Italy
- Visit Piazza San Marco (St.
- Take a boat ride on Canal Grande (Grand Canal)
- Climb San Marco Campanile.
- Pay a visit to Palazzo Ducale.
- Learn about Ponte dei Sospir (Bridge of Sighs)
- “Window” Shopping at the Rialto Market.
- Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute.
- Watch a Glass-Blowing Demonstration at Murano.
Can you drink on gondolas in Venice?
Yes, you can bring a bottle of wine in the gondola. Gondola ride on the Grand Canal not as romantic- water too choppy, and lots of vaporetti and other boats taking away from the experience.
Is there an entrance fee in Venice Grand Canal mall?
There is no entrance fee in Venice Grand Canal Mall, but if you want to ride in the gondola it is 250 pesos per person. Come early so you can park in the parking area and be ready to prepare the parking fee! Venice Grand Canal is a mall so there is NO entrance fee.