- 1 What airport do you fly into for Venice Italy?
- 2 Can you fly into Venice Italy?
- 3 What is the main international airport in Venice Italy?
- 4 Which airport is closest to Venice City Centre?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Venice?
- 6 What is the cheapest way to get from Marco Polo Airport to Venice?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to fly to Italy?
- 8 How far is Marco Polo Airport to Venice?
- 9 Does American Airlines fly direct to Venice Italy?
- 10 How do I get from Venice airport to Venice?
- 11 Where should I stay in Venice?
- 12 How long is a flight from UK to Venice?
- 13 How much is a taxi from Venice airport to Venice?
- 14 What should you not do in Venice?
- 15 How much is water taxi from airport to Venice?
What airport do you fly into for Venice Italy?
Alitalia, KLM, easyJet, and other major airlines fly into Marco Polo Airport, also known as Venice International Airport (airport code: VCE), which is 6 km or 4 miles from the city on the Venetian lagoon.
Can you fly into Venice Italy?
Although originally designed for domestic flights, it is now possible to fly direct to Venice from most major European cities. The airport is small enough to clear customs, collect your luggage and navigate your way outside the terminal without having to walk for miles.
What is the main international airport in Venice Italy?
Venice Marco Polo Airport (IATA: VCE, ICAO: LIPZ) is the international airport of Venice, Italy.
Which airport is closest to Venice City Centre?
Marco Polo is the main airport serving Venice and also the closest to the city’s top attractions. The airport is served by fast public transport services like the ACTV buses and Alilaguna ferry to the city, taxis, car hire and shared rides are also available at the airport for passenger transfer to central Venice.
What is the best month to go to Venice?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Although the temperatures – which range from the upper 30s to mid-70s – necessitate some layers, the lowered hotel rates and the barren canals make it worth it.
What is the cheapest way to get from Marco Polo Airport to Venice?
The cheapest way to get from airport to Venice is the bus: Shuttle service with ATVO buses. Click here if you want to buy tickets online for the ATVO Bus from Marco Polo airport. Every 30 minutes, they are driving from the airport via Mestre to Piazzale Roma in Venice.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Italy?
While September is a popular, yet still inexpensive time to go, the colder months tend to be the absolute cheapest. On average, Hopper found flights as low as $513 roundtrip to Milan in February or November.
How far is Marco Polo Airport to Venice?
The distance from Marco Polo airport to Venice train station: It is precisely 12 kilometers from Venice by the road and 10 kilometers by boat across the lagoon. Marco Polo Venice is 25 kilometers from Radicchio/Treviso, 35 kilometers from Padua, 45 kilometers from Jesolo and 65 kilometers from Vicenza.
Does American Airlines fly direct to Venice Italy?
American Airlines launches only its second nonstop flight from U.S. to Venice, Italy. American Airlines is Venice, Italy-bound from Chicago. AA, however, currently flies to Venice nonstop from only one other United States hub, Philadelphia.
How do I get from Venice airport to Venice?
You can take the Alilaguna Water Bus directly from the airport taking the Blue Line and get off at Fondamente Nove stop. From there it’s probably about a 10 to 15-minute walk. Another option would be to take a taxi or bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma and from there hop on the Vaporetto.
Where should I stay in Venice?
The 10 Best Neighborhoods in Venice for Tourists
- San Marco.
- San Polo.
- Santa Croce.
- Lido de Venezia.
How long is a flight from UK to Venice?
Flight time from London to Venice is 1 hour 55 minutes.
How much is a taxi from Venice airport to Venice?
How much is a water taxi from Venice Airport to the city centre of Venice? A private water taxi fare from VCE to Venice and the rest of the Lagoon will cost approximately €120. If you prefer to get a shared water taxi service, the fare per person will be around €35 per passenger.
What should you not do in Venice?
9 Things *Not* To Do In Venice
- Do NOT go to Harry’s Bar.
- Do NOT touch the canals.
- Do NOT get in the gondola.
- Do NOT bother with Murano and Borano.
- Do NOT get attached to the idea of breakfast as you know it.
- Do NOT arrive by cruise ship.
- Do NOT visit in the summer.
- Do NOT bring a roll-aboard.
How much is water taxi from airport to Venice?
Water Taxi Marco Polo Airport Venice Italy
Average price from the airport for a Private Water Taxi is between 150€ and 200€ depending of potential extra charges (number of passengers, luggages, etc ).