- 1 Is there a direct train from Florence to Venice?
- 2 Is there a high-speed train from Florence to Venice?
- 3 What is the best way to travel from Florence to Venice?
- 4 Is it worth buying a Eurail Pass for Italy?
- 5 What is the best month to visit Venice Italy?
- 6 How many days do you need in Florence?
- 7 Is Venice better than Florence?
- 8 How much is a train ticket from Venice to Florence?
- 9 How many days do you need for Venice?
- 10 What is the best location to stay in Florence?
- 11 What are the best day trips from Florence?
- 12 Is Pisa a day trip from Florence?
- 13 Is it cheaper to buy a Eurail pass or individual tickets?
- 14 What is the best way to travel in Italy?
- 15 How much is a Eurorail pass 2020?
Is there a direct train from Florence to Venice?
About the journey from Florence to Venice
There are about 22 direct trains covering 204km (127 miles) from Florence to Venice every day, with the first train departing from Firenze Campo di Marte at 01:47 and the last train departing from Firenze Santa Maria Novella at 21:30.
Is there a high-speed train from Florence to Venice?
Amenities on the train between Florence and Venice
Many high–speed trains make the daily journey between Venice and Florence in just 2 hours and 5 minutes, traveling as fast as 155 miles per hour. Italy’s high–speed trains are equipped with air conditioning and electrical outlets at your seat to charge devices.
What is the best way to travel from Florence to Venice?
Taking the train is the fastest way to travel from Florence to Venice. Both Trenitalia and Italo both operate direct trains between Florence and Venice. Traveling from Florence to Venice by train takes as little as 1:50 h.
Is it worth buying a Eurail Pass for Italy?
Not for most people — think carefully before buying a rail pass, especially if your trip doesn’t extend beyond Italy. For these trips (most of which cost less than $50 for a second-class ticket), it’s cheaper to buy point-to-point train tickets than a rail pass (since most cost more than $50 per day).
What is the best month to visit Venice Italy?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Although the temperatures – which range from the upper 30s to mid-70s – necessitate some layers, the lowered hotel rates and the barren canals make it worth it.
How many days do you need in Florence?
5 days: Base yourself only in Florence. Take 2 full days to see the city, then take a day trip to Siena and another to any other city on the list near Florence, such as Pisa, Lucca or San Gimignano.
Is Venice better than Florence?
With limited time, Venice may be the better choice. Just being there is the best part – there are only a few must-see sights. Florence has a lot of renaissance must-sees. If you don’t have time to see them, you will miss the biggest reason to be there.
How much is a train ticket from Venice to Florence?
Venice to Florence by train
|Journey time||From 2h 1m|
|Price||$18.68 – $129.02|
|Distance||127 miles (204 km)|
|Frequency||26 trains per day|
How many days do you need for Venice?
Spend 2-3 days in Venice, and you’ll be able to experience the city’s many highlights and visit a few of the surrounding islands, like Burano and Morano.
What is the best location to stay in Florence?
If you want to be right in the very heart of Florence, I’d suggest staying anywhere between Piazza San Marco to the north, Piazza Santa Croce to the east, Ponte Vecchio and the Arno to the south and Piazza Santa Maria Novella to the west.
What are the best day trips from Florence?
12 Top-Rated Day Trips from Florence
- Pisa. Pisa.
- Bologna. Bologna.
- Siena. Siena.
- Lucca. Lucca.
- Cinque Terre. Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre.
- Monti del Chianti. Monti del Chianti.
- San Gimignano. San Gimignano.
- Assisi. The Basilica di San Francesco and Assisi.
Is Pisa a day trip from Florence?
Visiting Pisa is a very popular day trip from Florence. A day trip to the Leaning Tower of Pisa from Florence takes half of a day. On your own, take the train from Florence to Pisa, walk or take a taxi to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and return to Florence by train.
Is it cheaper to buy a Eurail pass or individual tickets?
5. Don’t use your Eurail pass if a point-to-point ticket is cheaper. Always check the prices for normal tickets when you are using train travel in Europe. It may be cheaper to buy an individual ticket than your one trip on the pass is worth.
What is the best way to travel in Italy?
Whatever your pleasure, transportation in Italy is modern, easy to navigate and fits a variety of budget ranges.
- Rent a Car for Maximum Freedom. If it’s the open road you’re after, renting a car is the best way to travel in Italy.
- Traveling by Train.
- Fly Intra-Italy.
- Travel by a Bus for an Authentic Experience.
How much is a Eurorail pass 2020?
The most expensive pass is now the three-month unlimited pass, which starts at $1,019 and goes up to $1,358 when bought directly through Eurail. Considering that a two-month unlimited pass costs between $826 to $1,102, however, you’re only paying a few hundred more for an entire extra month of unlimited train travel.