- 1 Is there a high-speed train from Florence to Venice?
- 2 How long is the train ride from Venice to Florence Italy?
- 3 Can you do a day trip to Venice from Florence?
- 4 How do I get from Venice to Florence?
- 5 Is Venice better than Florence?
- 6 How much is a train ticket from Venice to Florence?
- 7 What should you not do in Venice?
- 8 How many days do you need in Florence?
- 9 Is it worth visiting Florence?
- 10 What is the best town in Tuscany?
- 11 Is it worth going to Venice for a day?
- 12 What are the best day trips from Florence?
- 13 How many days do you need for Venice?
- 14 How far is Tuscany from Florence?
- 15 Can you do a day trip from Rome to Florence?
Is there a high-speed train from Florence to Venice?
Amenities on the train between Florence and Venice
Many high–speed trains make the daily journey between Venice and Florence in just 2 hours and 5 minutes, traveling as fast as 155 miles per hour. Italy’s high–speed trains are equipped with air conditioning and electrical outlets at your seat to charge devices.
How long is the train ride from Venice to Florence Italy?
Venice Florence. Traveling by train from Venice to Florence is an easy and enjoyable journey. Many Freccia high-speed trains make the 166 mile trip in just 2 hour and 5 minutes. Get ready for a delightfully scenic ride as you travel south from Italy’s Adriatic coast through Emilia-Romagna and Tuscany.
Can you do a day trip to Venice from Florence?
The #1 Rule for a Florence to Venice Day Trip
Taking a Venice day trip from Florence also makes for a very long day in which you‘ll spend nearly 5 hours on trains, then potentially additional time on a vaporetto (water bus) once you arrive in Venice.
How do I get from Venice to Florence?
The average travel time between Florence to Venice on one of Italy’s high-speed trains is about 2 hours and 3 minutes, with the quickest route clocking in at 1 hour and 51 minutes. On average, there are about 17 trains a day that leave from Florence to Venice, and they leave about 1 hour and 16 minutes apart.
Is Venice better than Florence?
With limited time, Venice may be the better choice. Just being there is the best part – there are only a few must-see sights. Florence has a lot of renaissance must-sees. If you don’t have time to see them, you will miss the biggest reason to be there.
How much is a train ticket from Venice to Florence?
Venice to Florence by train
|Journey time||From 2h 1m|
|Price||$18.68 – $129.02|
|Distance||127 miles (204 km)|
|Frequency||26 trains per day|
What should you not do in Venice?
9 Things *Not* To Do In Venice
- Do NOT go to Harry’s Bar.
- Do NOT touch the canals.
- Do NOT get in the gondola.
- Do NOT bother with Murano and Borano.
- Do NOT get attached to the idea of breakfast as you know it.
- Do NOT arrive by cruise ship.
- Do NOT visit in the summer.
- Do NOT bring a roll-aboard.
How many days do you need in Florence?
5 days: Base yourself only in Florence. Take 2 full days to see the city, then take a day trip to Siena and another to any other city on the list near Florence, such as Pisa, Lucca or San Gimignano.
Is it worth visiting Florence?
For me, Florence is definitely worth visiting. It is a very interesting city with vibrant areas, delicious food and is a treasure trove for art lovers. Florence is also a perfect destination for a relaxing and romantic getaway.
What is the best town in Tuscany?
Best towns in Tuscany – OVERVIEW
- San Gimignano.
Is it worth going to Venice for a day?
1 day, one hour, 1 minute in Venice is worth it – the world’s most serenely gorgeous city. But only in your scenario if you’ll never get back to Italy again. Otherwise, like a scrumptious dessert, save it for later. I would also suggest saving it for another trip.
What are the best day trips from Florence?
12 Top-Rated Day Trips from Florence
- Pisa. Pisa.
- Bologna. Bologna.
- Siena. Siena.
- Lucca. Lucca.
- Cinque Terre. Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre.
- Monti del Chianti. Monti del Chianti.
- San Gimignano. San Gimignano.
- Assisi. The Basilica di San Francesco and Assisi.
How many days do you need for Venice?
Spend 2-3 days in Venice, and you’ll be able to experience the city’s many highlights and visit a few of the surrounding islands, like Burano and Morano.
How far is Tuscany from Florence?
If you travel with an airplane (which has average speed of 560 miles) from Tuscany to Florence, It takes 0 hours to arrive.
Tuscany Distances to Cities.
|Distance from Tuscany to Florence||1 km|
|Distance from Tuscany to Rome||233 km|
|Distance from Tuscany to Venice||204 km|
Can you do a day trip from Rome to Florence?
You can fly, drive, or take a bus to get from Rome to Florence, but those methods of transportation would make your day trip too expensive or impossible to complete in 24 hours. To consider Florence a viable day trip from Rome, you need to take the train – and a high-speed one at that.