- 1 What airport do you fly into to go to Venice Italy?
- 2 What airlines fly direct to Venice Italy?
- 3 Which airport is closest to Venice City Centre?
- 4 What is the best way to get to Venice?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Venice?
- 6 How far is Marco Polo Airport to Venice?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to fly to Italy?
- 8 What should you not do in Venice?
- 9 Can you fly direct to Venice?
- 10 How much is a taxi from Venice airport to Venice?
- 11 How much is water taxi from airport to Venice?
- 12 What is the cheapest way to get from Marco Polo Airport to Venice?
- 13 Does Venice smell?
- 14 Is Venice expensive?
- 15 How many days do you need for Venice?
What airport do you fly into to go to Venice Italy?
Travelers looking to book flights to Venice have two main airport options. Namely, Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE) and Treviso Airport (TSF). Venice Marco Polo Airport is the primary airport of Venice and the majority of travelers heading to Venice will go through its terminals.
What airlines fly direct to Venice Italy?
direct flights to Venice from the US:
- Flight from New York JFK to Venice Airport (VCE) with Delta Airlines!
- Flight from Philadelphia to Venice Airport (VCE) with American Airlines!
- Flight from New York Newark to Venice Airport (VCE) with United Airlines!
Which airport is closest to Venice City Centre?
Marco Polo is the main airport serving Venice and also the closest to the city’s top attractions. The airport is served by fast public transport services like the ACTV buses and Alilaguna ferry to the city, taxis, car hire and shared rides are also available at the airport for passenger transfer to central Venice.
What is the best way to get to Venice?
The best way to arrive in Venice is by train, to the Santa Lucia Train Station on the northwestern edge of the city. There’s also a bus terminal and parking garages nearby, at Piazzale Roma. Venice also has the small Marco Polo Venice Airport, and from there, you can take a bus or boat into Venice.
What is the best month to go to Venice?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Although the temperatures – which range from the upper 30s to mid-70s – necessitate some layers, the lowered hotel rates and the barren canals make it worth it.
How far is Marco Polo Airport to Venice?
The distance from Marco Polo airport to Venice train station: It is precisely 12 kilometers from Venice by the road and 10 kilometers by boat across the lagoon. Marco Polo Venice is 25 kilometers from Radicchio/Treviso, 35 kilometers from Padua, 45 kilometers from Jesolo and 65 kilometers from Vicenza.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Italy?
While September is a popular, yet still inexpensive time to go, the colder months tend to be the absolute cheapest. On average, Hopper found flights as low as $513 roundtrip to Milan in February or November.
What should you not do in Venice?
9 Things *Not* To Do In Venice
- Do NOT go to Harry’s Bar.
- Do NOT touch the canals.
- Do NOT get in the gondola.
- Do NOT bother with Murano and Borano.
- Do NOT get attached to the idea of breakfast as you know it.
- Do NOT arrive by cruise ship.
- Do NOT visit in the summer.
- Do NOT bring a roll-aboard.
Can you fly direct to Venice?
British Airways and easyJet operate direct flights to Venice Marco Polo from Gatwick, while British Airways flies non-stop to Marco Polo from both Heathrow and London City. EasyJet flies direct from Luton to Marco Polo. Ryanair offers cheap flights to Venice Treviso from Stansted.
How much is a taxi from Venice airport to Venice?
How much is a water taxi from Venice Airport to the city centre of Venice? A private water taxi fare from VCE to Venice and the rest of the Lagoon will cost approximately €120. If you prefer to get a shared water taxi service, the fare per person will be around €35 per passenger.
How much is water taxi from airport to Venice?
Water Taxi Marco Polo Airport Venice Italy
Average price from the airport for a Private Water Taxi is between 150€ and 200€ depending of potential extra charges (number of passengers, luggages, etc ).
What is the cheapest way to get from Marco Polo Airport to Venice?
The cheapest way to get from airport to Venice is the bus: Shuttle service with ATVO buses. Click here if you want to buy tickets online for the ATVO Bus from Marco Polo airport. Every 30 minutes, they are driving from the airport via Mestre to Piazzale Roma in Venice.
Does Venice smell?
Venice canals do not smell.
Contrary to what other tourists say, Venice doesn’t smell at all. If anything, you’ll smell salt water in the canals. Some say though that during summer when water levels are lower in smaller canals they can smell a bit. Other than that, Venice stays odor-free.
Is Venice expensive?
With its historical canals, gondolas, and winding streets, Venice is considered one of the most romantic and most famous cities in the world. However, the city is very expensive, especially on the main island.
How many days do you need for Venice?
Spend 2-3 days in Venice, and you’ll be able to experience the city’s many highlights and visit a few of the surrounding islands, like Burano and Morano.