- 1 Is Venice Florida worth visiting?
- 2 What is Venice Florida known for?
- 3 What is there to do in Venice Florida this weekend?
- 4 Does Venice Beach Florida have a boardwalk?
- 5 What is the nicest town in Florida?
- 6 Is Venice Florida Expensive?
- 7 Why is Venice smelly?
- 8 Is Venice beach safe to swim in?
- 9 How safe is Venice Florida?
- 10 What is it like living in Venice Florida?
- 11 How far is Fort Myers to Venice Florida?
- 12 How far is Venice from Siesta Key?
- 13 Are there sharks at Venice Beach Florida?
- 14 Can you drink on Venice Beach Florida?
- 15 How far is Venice Florida from the ocean?
Is Venice Florida worth visiting?
No, this isn’t Italy; this is Venice in Florida, and the beachside city is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the state. Found on the western coast of the Floridian Peninsula, halfway between Fort Myers and Tampa Bay, Venice is named for the elaborate waterways and canals that cut through the city.
What is Venice Florida known for?
Venice, Florida is famous for its world-class beaches and stunning natural beauty. However, this Gulf Coast city isn’t only known for its 14 miles of beach: it’s also a fascinating town with a rich history and culture.
What is there to do in Venice Florida this weekend?
Top Attractions in Venice
- Caspersen Beach. 1,801 reviews. Nature & Parks.
- Venice Beach. 1,295 reviews.
- Venice Fishing Pier. 1,054 reviews.
- Brohard Paw Park. 456 reviews.
- Detwiler’s Farm Market. 432 reviews.
- Ideal Classic Cars Museum & Showroom. 175 reviews.
- The Venice Area Audubon Rookery. 122 reviews.
- Sharky’s On The Pier. 894 reviews.
Does Venice Beach Florida have a boardwalk?
Venice Beach Amenities
The beach features a boardwalk, concessions, picnic area, restrooms, sand volleyball courts, outdoor showers, and free parking. Lifeguards are on duty daily year-round.
What is the nicest town in Florida?
14 of the Most Beautiful Towns in Florida
- Matlacha. Credit: Nadezda Murmakova/shutterstock.com.
- Sanibel Island. Sanibel Island Florida.
- Grayton Beach. Credit: Rotorhead 30A Production/shutterstock.com.
- Mount Dora. Credit: © Gabriela Fojt/dreamstime.com.
- Tarpon Springs.
- Santa Rosa Beach.
- Indian Rocks Beach.
Is Venice Florida Expensive?
Venice’s housing expenses are 2% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 6% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 8% lower than the national average. Venice has grocery prices that are 20% higher than the national average.
Why is Venice smelly?
The effluent from the millions of tourists that visit the city goes straight into the canals and the shallow lagoon, sometimes causing a thick soup of algae and the smell of rotting vegetation.
Is Venice beach safe to swim in?
The ocean water at the Venice Beach area is polluted. Swimmers in polluted water run the risk of getting infections, which commonly show up as an ear infection if ocean water gets into the ear canals.
How safe is Venice Florida?
The city has a property crime rate of 12.6 per 1,000 people. Venice, though slightly larger with a population of 23,362, was No. 17 on the list. The city in Sarasota County has reported a violent crime rate in 2020 of 1.1 per 1,000 people and a property crime rate of 13.8.
What is it like living in Venice Florida?
Venice is a great city for people who want a quiet life. It is a city of many retirees, but there are also great schools available for families. Kids who stay end up with a family or else on drugs. It is close enough to Sarasota if you need a big city but is a smaller town in its own right.
How far is Fort Myers to Venice Florida?
The total driving distance from Fort Myers, FL to Venice, FL is 60 miles or 97 kilometers.
How far is Venice from Siesta Key?
The distance between Venice Beach and Siesta Key is 13 miles.
Are there sharks at Venice Beach Florida?
Although there are sharks in all of the waters that surround Florida, there’s no more of a concentration in Venice than there is anywhere else. They say you’ll have a better chance of getting in a car accident on the way to the beach then being bitten by a shark.
Can you drink on Venice Beach Florida?
Alcohol is allowed on all County Beaches as long as it is not in a glass container. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any public parks or beaches located in the City of Venice. The beaches we manage within the City of Venice include Venice Beach, Service Club Beach, and the Brohard Beach Area.
How far is Venice Florida from the ocean?
Venice, just south of Sarasota along Florida’s white-sanded Gulf Coast, offers 14 miles of beaches, from Casey Key to Manasota Key and plenty of recreational opportunities, including swimming, sunbathing, fishing and boating.