- 1 What do I need to know before going to Venice?
- 2 What should I see in Venice Italy?
- 3 What should you not do in Venice?
- 4 Is Venice Italy safe for tourists?
- 5 What is the best location to stay in Venice?
- 6 What is the best month to go to Venice?
- 7 Does Venice have a beach?
- 8 Does Venice smell?
- 9 Is Venice expensive?
- 10 Are there sharks in Venice?
- 11 What should I wear in Venice?
- 12 What food is Venice famous for?
- 13 Can I drink the tap water in Venice?
- 14 What month does Venice flood?
- 15 How much is a gondola ride in Venice?
What do I need to know before going to Venice?
13 Things to Know Before Visiting Venice
- Be prepared for big crowds.
- Many streets (and canals) are verrrry narrow.
- It’s expensive and caters to tourists.
- Do your restaurant research.
- Street performers can be persistent about money.
- Pack waterproof shoes.
- Get ready to walk a lot (especially up and down stairs)
- Go sightseeing as early as possible.
What should I see in Venice Italy?
9 Must-Have Experiences in Venice, Italy
- St. Mark’s Square.
- View Venice from the Rialto Bridge. Spanning the Grand Canal, the Ponte di Rialto is Venice’s most popular bridge.
- For Unique Views of Venice, visit the Doges’ Palace.
- The Bridge of Sighs, Again.
- Saint Mark’s Basilica.
- Venice’s Best Bargain: The Vaporetto.
What should you not do in Venice?
9 Things *Not* To Do In Venice
- Do NOT go to Harry’s Bar.
- Do NOT touch the canals.
- Do NOT get in the gondola.
- Do NOT bother with Murano and Borano.
- Do NOT get attached to the idea of breakfast as you know it.
- Do NOT arrive by cruise ship.
- Do NOT visit in the summer.
- Do NOT bring a roll-aboard.
Is Venice Italy safe for tourists?
Venice is a beloved place to visit in Italy and home to many top Italian tourist attractions. That means that it’s generally safe, but you should be on your guard as you enjoy popular sights.
What is the best location to stay in Venice?
The 10 Best Neighborhoods in Venice for Tourists
- Santa Croce.
- Lido de Venezia.
- Burano & Mazzorbo.
What is the best month to go to Venice?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Although the temperatures – which range from the upper 30s to mid-70s – necessitate some layers, the lowered hotel rates and the barren canals make it worth it.
Does Venice have a beach?
Venice has no beaches in the city center, but with a 20-minute ride on a vaporetto, you can easily reach Venice Lido Beach. Venice Lido Beach is the closest beach of the city, fully equipped and clean. You can rent a couple of tanning beds and a beach umbrella, or just lay on your beach towel for free.
Does Venice smell?
Venice canals do not smell.
Contrary to what other tourists say, Venice doesn’t smell at all. If anything, you’ll smell salt water in the canals. Some say though that during summer when water levels are lower in smaller canals they can smell a bit. Other than that, Venice stays odor-free.
Is Venice expensive?
With its historical canals, gondolas, and winding streets, Venice is considered one of the most romantic and most famous cities in the world. However, the city is very expensive, especially on the main island.
Are there sharks in Venice?
We’re not going to need a bigger boat, but it’s true—there are finally confirmed sightings of leopard sharks cruising through the Venice Canals. A woman walking along the Grand Canal saw what she thought might be sharks, “two or three feet long
What should I wear in Venice?
What to Wear in Venice (& How to Pack!)
- 2 Pair of pants, shorts, or skirts.
- 4 Tops three short sleeve, one long sleeve.
- 5 Pair underwear.
- 1 Light jacket or wrap.
- 1 Pair solid walking shoes.
- 1 Nicer dress or dress shirt.
- 3 Pair of socks.
What food is Venice famous for?
10 Essential Food and Drinks to Try in Venice
- Sarde in saor. This delectable agrodolce or sweet-sour dish is definitely our favorite.
- Baccala mantecato. Coming in at a close second is another sublime fish-based antipasto.
- Risotto al nero di seppia.
- Risi e bisi.
- Bigoli in salsa.
- Fegato alla veneziana.
Can I drink the tap water in Venice?
You can drink the water in Venice and save yourself the expense and waste of bottled water. Venice’s tap water is pumped in from the Italian mainland so you don’t have to worry about anything questionable in the water that is floating under the city. The cold water is ideal for refilling water bottles.
What month does Venice flood?
October through January is the typical high water season, though flooding can occur at any time during the year. Venice’s location, in northern Italy on the Adriatic Sea, means that the city has colder, longer winters.
How much is a gondola ride in Venice?
How much does a gondola ride in Venice cost? Standard gondola rides in Venice have a fixed cost 80 euros for a private 25-30 minutes tour. At night, however, the cost of a gondola ride is 120 euros for a private 25-30 minutes tour.