- 1 Is Ocala Florida dangerous?
- 2 Is Venice FL safe?
- 3 Is Ocala Florida a nice place to live?
- 4 Is Ocala FL safe to live?
- 5 What is the safest city in Florida?
- 6 Is Ocala a good place to invest?
- 7 Is Venice Florida Expensive?
- 8 Has a hurricane ever hit Venice FL?
- 9 Is Venice FL A good place to retire?
- 10 What is the coldest month in Ocala Florida?
- 11 What airport do you fly into for Ocala Florida?
- 12 Has a hurricane ever hit Ocala FL?
- 13 What famous person lives in Ocala FL?
- 14 What is Ocala Florida known for?
- 15 What is the best part of Ocala to live in?
Is Ocala Florida dangerous?
Ocala is currently listed in the top 20 in the state of Florida for most violent cities. Orlando comes in as number two and Miami Beach is number one. To put this into perspective, Orange County reported 7,805 violent crimes and Marion County (not including Ocala) reported 1,556.
Is Venice FL safe?
The city has a property crime rate of 12.6 per 1,000 people. Venice, though slightly larger with a population of 23,362, was No. 17 on the list. The city in Sarasota County has reported a violent crime rate in 2020 of 1.1 per 1,000 people and a property crime rate of 13.8.
Is Ocala Florida a nice place to live?
Ocala is also a great city to live in for families. The median age is about 38.7 and there are many young kids. The zipcodes inside Ocala are: 34470, 34471, 34474, 34475, 34479, 34480, 34481, and 34482. Ocala is in Marion County, and it’s the largest city, so it holds the county seat.
Is Ocala FL safe to live?
Two cities in North Central Florida ranked among the lowest in a list of safest Florida cities. Home security website “Safewise” crunched the crime numbers to find Key Biscayne the safest city in Florida.
What is the safest city in Florida?
Florida’s Safest Cities
|4||North Palm Beach||117|
Is Ocala a good place to invest?
In Ocala, you can stretch your dollar a lot further. With an average list price of about $150,000, it’s one of the most affordable markets in Florida. Barriers to supply don’t often come up in conversation. But when it comes to real estate investing, they can make or break you.
Is Venice Florida Expensive?
Venice’s housing expenses are 2% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 6% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 8% lower than the national average. Venice has grocery prices that are 20% higher than the national average.
Has a hurricane ever hit Venice FL?
The most damage from a hurricane in the Venice area was in 1928 when Venice had about 100 homes and 4,000 residents. In Venice, two homes were destroyed but no deaths were reported. The second deadliest hurricane to hit Venice was Hurricane Donna in 1960.
Is Venice FL A good place to retire?
With an average age of 69.1 years for its year-round citizens, Venice has recently been named as the 2nd Best City in Florida for Seniors to Retire in by GoodCall.com (2017), the 7th Most Charming Small Town in Florida by Touropia.com (2018) and the “Best Beach Town” for Retirement by Southern Living Magazine (2020).
What is the coldest month in Ocala Florida?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||July (81 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (57 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||July (2.14″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||March (6 mph avg)|
What airport do you fly into for Ocala Florida?
Ocala International Airport (IATA: OCF, ICAO: KOCF, FAA LID: OCF) is five miles west of Ocala, in Marion County, Florida. It is also known as Ocala International Airport-Jim Taylor Field and was previously Ocala Regional Airport or Jim Taylor Field. The airport is about 31 miles south of Gainesville Regional Airport.
Has a hurricane ever hit Ocala FL?
Ocala has never been hit by a hurricane. Hurricanes either hit south Florida, travel up the Atlantic coast or go into the Gulf and hit the panhandle of Florida or travel west. Update 2017 Hurricane Irma hit Ocala. It was greatly weakened by going over land and dry air from the mid west.
What famous person lives in Ocala FL?
Six Celebrities Who Live Right Here In Ocala
- John Travolta. You know him from “Grease,” “Pulp Fiction,” “Saturday Night Fever”, and a long list of major motion pictures from the last three decades.
- Kelly Preston.
- Bruce Swedien.
- Mel Tillis.
- Bobby Goldsboro.
- Steve Morse.
What is Ocala Florida known for?
Top 10 Must-Sees in Ocala/Marion County
- Silver Springs State Park.
- Ocala National Forest.
- Agri-Tour on a U-Pick Farm.
- Thoroughbred Horse Farm.
- The Appleton Museum of Art.
- Fort King National Historic Landmark.
- Ocala Historic Downtown Square.
- Rainbow Springs State Park.
What is the best part of Ocala to live in?
Here are some of the best places to find Ocala property:
- Silver Springs: Highway 40 is the main road through Silver Springs, running east and west and is located just above Ocala to the northeast.
- Belleview: Located south of Ocala, and just northwest from Lake Weir.