- 1 Is there a high-speed train from Florence to Venice?
- 2 How much is a train ticket from Florence to Venice?
- 3 Can you do a day trip to Venice from Florence?
- 4 Is there a direct train from Venice to Florence?
- 5 Is Venice better than Florence?
- 6 How many days do you need for Venice?
- 7 How many days should you stay in Florence?
- 8 What are the best day trips from Florence?
- 9 Is Florence near Venice?
- 10 Is it worth going to Venice for a day?
- 11 What is the best town in Tuscany?
- 12 What is the closest city to Venice Italy?
- 13 What is the best month to visit Venice Italy?
- 14 How far is Venice from Pisa?
- 15 How far is Tuscany from Florence?
Is there a high-speed train from Florence to Venice?
Amenities on the train between Florence and Venice
Many high–speed trains make the daily journey between Venice and Florence in just 2 hours and 5 minutes, traveling as fast as 155 miles per hour. Italy’s high–speed trains are equipped with air conditioning and electrical outlets at your seat to charge devices.
How much is a train ticket from Florence to Venice?
The price of train tickets from Florence to Venice starts at $18.68 one-way for a Standard Class ticket if you book in advance. Booking on the day is usually more expensive and costs can vary depending on the time of day, route or class.
Can you do a day trip to Venice from Florence?
The #1 Rule for a Florence to Venice Day Trip
Taking a Venice day trip from Florence also makes for a very long day in which you‘ll spend nearly 5 hours on trains, then potentially additional time on a vaporetto (water bus) once you arrive in Venice.
Is there a direct train from Venice to Florence?
Yes. There are 9 direct Trenitalia or Italo trains that travel from Venice to Florence each day with an average journey time of 3 hours and 4 minutes.
Is Venice better than Florence?
With limited time, Venice may be the better choice. Just being there is the best part – there are only a few must-see sights. Florence has a lot of renaissance must-sees. If you don’t have time to see them, you will miss the biggest reason to be there.
How many days do you need for Venice?
Spend 2-3 days in Venice, and you’ll be able to experience the city’s many highlights and visit a few of the surrounding islands, like Burano and Morano.
How many days should you stay in Florence?
5 days: Base yourself only in Florence. Take 2 full days to see the city, then take a day trip to Siena and another to any other city on the list near Florence, such as Pisa, Lucca or San Gimignano.
What are the best day trips from Florence?
12 Top-Rated Day Trips from Florence
- Pisa. Pisa.
- Bologna. Bologna.
- Siena. Siena.
- Lucca. Lucca.
- Cinque Terre. Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre.
- Monti del Chianti. Monti del Chianti.
- San Gimignano. San Gimignano.
- Assisi. The Basilica di San Francesco and Assisi.
Is Florence near Venice?
The distance from Venice to Florence is 204km (127 miles) and the average train time is 2h 14m, although it can take 1h 57m on the fastest direct Frecciarossa and Italo services.
Is it worth going to Venice for a day?
1 day, one hour, 1 minute in Venice is worth it – the world’s most serenely gorgeous city. But only in your scenario if you’ll never get back to Italy again. Otherwise, like a scrumptious dessert, save it for later. I would also suggest saving it for another trip.
What is the best town in Tuscany?
Best towns in Tuscany – OVERVIEW
- San Gimignano.
What is the closest city to Venice Italy?
Major cities near Venice, Italy
- 34 km to Padova, Italy.
- 34 km to Padua, Italy.
- 103 km to Verona, Italy.
- 117 km to Trieste, Italy.
- 130 km to Bologna, Italy.
- 185 km to Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 203 km to Florence, Italy.
- 243 km to Milan, Italy.
What is the best month to visit Venice Italy?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Although the temperatures – which range from the upper 30s to mid-70s – necessitate some layers, the lowered hotel rates and the barren canals make it worth it.
How far is Venice from Pisa?
Venice is 200 miles (322 km) northeast of Pisa, and although most train rides take the same amount of time to drive this distance, having a car in Venice is an inconvenience.
How far is Tuscany from Florence?
If you travel with an airplane (which has average speed of 560 miles) from Tuscany to Florence, It takes 0 hours to arrive.
Tuscany Distances to Cities.
|Distance from Tuscany to Florence||1 km|
|Distance from Tuscany to Rome||233 km|
|Distance from Tuscany to Venice||204 km|