- 1 Is it better to stay in Venice Beach or Santa Monica?
- 2 Why is Venice Beach dangerous?
- 3 Is Venice Beach a bad area?
- 4 Do any celebrities live in Venice Beach?
- 5 What is the best time to go to Venice Beach?
- 6 What should I avoid in Los Angeles?
- 7 Is Venice Beach safe at night?
- 8 Can you go to Venice Beach right now?
- 9 Is the water at Venice beach clean?
- 10 Can you walk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach?
- 11 What is Venice Beach known for?
- 12 Why does Venice Beach have so many homeless?
- 13 What is the richest part of LA?
- 14 Where can I find celebrities in LA?
- 15 Where do celebs live in LA?
Is it better to stay in Venice Beach or Santa Monica?
Looking at them, Santa Monica is certainly the more stylish, upmarket suburb of the two. It’s catering to more sophisticated shopping and travel. Venice Beach attracts a younger more grungy traveler, and the accommodation is styled and sized to suit that market.
Why is Venice Beach dangerous?
The ocean water at the Venice Beach area is polluted. Pollution increases after a rain storm because the street debris from the city streets runs down the storm drains to the ocean.
Is Venice Beach a bad area?
Venice Beach used to be one of California’s great places. Today, Venice Beach is off limits to families who used to spend their Saturdays at the shore. It’s simply too dangerous.
Do any celebrities live in Venice Beach?
Well-known former and current residents of Venice include actresses Julia Roberts, Kate Beckinsale, and Anjelica Huston, actors Tom Conway, Nicolas Cage, Chaney Kley, Tim Meadows, Robert Hegyes and musicians Perry Farrell, Evidence of Dilated Peoples, Joshua Kadison, John Lydon, Ozzy from Survivor, John Frusciante of
What is the best time to go to Venice Beach?
Most clubs don’t get going until at least 9 pm and will play live music through the year. Best Time for Visiting Venice Beach: The best time for taking a dip in the Pacific Ocean is early summer through early fall. The water temperature is much more enjoyable as the summer moves forward.
What should I avoid in Los Angeles?
12 Things Not to Do in Los Angeles
- Don’t eat at Pink’s Hot Dogs.
- Don’t take a star home tour.
- Don’t shop on Rodeo Drive or The Grove.
- Don’t hike Runyon Canyon.
- Don’t go to Hollywood and Highland.
- Don’t walk the Venice Beach Boardwalk on the weekend.
- Don’t rely on public transportation or taxis to get around.
- Don’t go to the Sunset Strip during the day.
Is Venice Beach safe at night?
Venice is not dangerous at all. There are people in the area that would be considered “undesirable” by the new faux-riche residents, but it’s perfectly safe to be at during the night. Also hit up Washington Blvd over by the pier in Venice. There are several cool bars over there too.
Can you go to Venice Beach right now?
All public beaches are open for active recreation only (running, walking, swimming & surfing – no group activities, no crowds/gatherings, chairs, canopies, coolers, grills, or sunbathing allowed on wet and dry sand). City managed public beach parking lots are open with limited capacity. Piers remain closed.
Is the water at Venice beach clean?
Most of the worst beach water pollution comes when it rains. A beach can easily go from an A rating to an F after a rainstorm, as our storm drains and creeks empty right into the ocean.
Here are L.A.’s Cleanest—and Dirtiest—Beaches, Graded by Heal the Bay.
|Beach Name||Summer Dry Grade|
|Venice Beach, at Windward Ave.||B|
Can you walk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach?
Can I Walk From Santa Monica to Venice Beach? The short answer here is that it is possible though its roughly a 45 minute walk (just over two miles or three and a half kilometers) so if it’s a nice day and you enjoy walking, go for it!
What is Venice Beach known for?
Venice Beach is one of many great L.A. beaches, and the only one where the lively Venice Beach boardwalk upstages the Pacific Ocean. The acclaimed Venice Breakwater is a favorite local surf spot, built by Abbot Kinney in 1905 to protect his amusement pier.
Why does Venice Beach have so many homeless?
Parking lots along the Los Angeles beaches are roped off. Along the boardwalk in Venice Beach, all the businesses are closed. The vast majority of homeless that remain unsheltered, especially in places like Venice Beach, are either drug addicts, alcoholics, mentally ill, or criminals.
What is the richest part of LA?
The richest neighborhoods in Los Angeles
- 90077 (Bel Air/Beverly Glen)
- 90274 (Palos Verdes Estates)
- 91108 (San Marino)
- 90272 (Pacific Palisades/Rustic Canyon)
- 91011 (La Cañada Flintridge)
- 90210 (Beverly Hills)
- 91302 (Hidden Hills/Calabasas)
- 91436 (Encino)
Where can I find celebrities in LA?
Where to Spot a Celebrity in Los Angeles
- Palm trees, endless summers, and forever beach days aside, many people flock to Los Angeles with the hope of spotting someone famous.
- Runyon Canyon.
- Musso & Frank Grill.
- Hollywood Roosevelt.
- Beauty & Essex.
- TCL Chinese Theatres.
- Little Dom’s.
- Franklin Village.
Where do celebs live in LA?
Home to the iconic Playboy Mansion, the ultra-exclusive area of LA known as Bel Air puts Beverly Hills to shame in terms of luxury, cost and status.