- 1 Where are PGT windows manufactured?
- 2 What does PGT windows stand for?
- 3 Are PGT windows hurricane proof?
- 4 How much do PGT impact windows cost?
- 5 What is better PGT or CGI?
- 6 What are the best impact windows on the market?
- 7 Who is the largest window manufacturer?
- 8 What brand of Windows are best?
- 9 How do I know if my PGT is impact-resistant?
- 10 Are PGT windows Energy Star?
- 11 What is better impact Windows vs hurricane shutters?
- 12 Can impact windows withstand Category 5?
- 13 Why are impact windows so expensive?
- 14 Are impact windows worth the investment?
- 15 What is the warranty on PGT Windows?
Where are PGT windows manufactured?
PGT Industries manufactures windows in southwest Florida and distributes them along the east cost and into the midwest. PGT windows are perhaps best known for their hurricane windows, but they also offer a range of options for more typical residential applications as well as commercial windows for larger projects.
What does PGT windows stand for?
PGT. Progressive Glass Technology Industries (US manufacturer of impact resistant glass) Copyright 1988-2018 AcronymFinder.com, All rights reserved.
Are PGT windows hurricane proof?
Over four million families trust PGT windows.
Our vinyl and aluminum products offer protection from hurricanes and other extreme weather, and better security against would-be intruders, noise pollution, UV rays, and more.
How much do PGT impact windows cost?
PGT replacement single-hung storm windows from their Classicvue collection would cost around $485 per window.
What is better PGT or CGI?
We have heard that CGI laminated windows with annealed glass are pretty much distortion free. PGT laminated windows use heat-strengthened glass that are stronger, but tend to cause some distortion. Since we will still use hurricane shutters, we prefer to go with distortion-free CGI windows.
What are the best impact windows on the market?
Here are the top impact window brands for installations
- Weather Shield.
- PGT Custom Windows and Doors.
- CGI Windows.
Who is the largest window manufacturer?
Top Window Companies in the US
|Company||No. of Employees|
|2.||Marvin Windows and Doors||5,000+|
|4.||Ply Gem Windows||8,000+|
What brand of Windows are best?
The 3 best replacement window brands
- Pella Windows. If you value high-quality, energy-efficient windows backed by years of experience, then Pella is a great option for you.
- Andersen Windows.
- Milgard Windows.
How do I know if my PGT is impact-resistant?
5 Ways to Tell if Your Windows Are Impact–Resistant
- Look for a permanent mark in one of the corners of the glass.
- Check the glass for a temporary label.
- Verify the windows are designed for conditions in your area.
- Examine the reflection in the glass.
- Get a professional opinion.
- Extra Impact Window Features.
- Request a Free Hurricane Window Inspection.
Are PGT windows Energy Star?
PGT 2200 Series windows deliver the following standard features: double-strength insulating glass, high-performance Low-E glass (argon gas optional), and Super Spacer® NXT technology. As a proud partner of the US Department of Energy’s ENERGY STAR® program, all standard 2200 Series products are ENERGY STAR compliant.
What is better impact Windows vs hurricane shutters?
Your insurance premiums are reduced more by having hurricane impact windows; they are always protecting the home whereas shutters have to be installed or closed by the homeowner. Impact hurricane windows reduce your air conditioning energy consumption; hurricane shutters don’t.
Can impact windows withstand Category 5?
Installing these windows significantly lowers your chances of major damage to your home. Hurricane impact windows have advanced to the point where they can withstand Category 5 wind conditions, and the debris that goes with it.
Why are impact windows so expensive?
For most, this is pretty self-explanatory. The larger the window or door, the thicker and stronger the glass needs to be to perform when tested for impact resistance. Think of it as a beam. Those homes with high ceilings and large openings will see their average window cost be higher due to this.
Are impact windows worth the investment?
Worth It. It’s clear that the abundance of long-term benefits from the installation of impact windows are worth the investment. They are more than a seasonal product and can make life easier and safer.
What is the warranty on PGT Windows?
The glass is warranted to be free of defects resulting in material obstruction of vision or delamination for a period of five (5) years from the date of delivery by PGT.