- 1 What is there to do at Venice Beach Boardwalk?
- 2 Why is Venice Beach dangerous?
- 3 What restaurants are on the Santa Monica pier?
- 4 Is it safe to walk around Venice beach at night?
- 5 Do any celebrities live in Venice Beach?
- 6 Is Venice Beach worth visiting?
- 7 Is Venice Beach a bad area?
- 8 Are there sharks in Venice Beach California?
- 9 Is Venice Beach Safe?
- 10 What time does the Santa Monica Pier close?
- 11 Is LA safe at night?
- 12 Is the water at Venice beach clean?
- 13 Is Compton dangerous for tourists?
What is there to do at Venice Beach Boardwalk?
Best things to do in Venice
- Stroll along the Venice Canals.
- People watch on Venice Beach and the Boardwalk.
- Gawk at bodybuilders at Muscle Beach.
- Step inside the Mosaic Tile House (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
- Flip through some pages at Small World Books.
- Watch the bustling scene at the Venice Skate Park.
- Dine and shop along posh Abbot Kinney.
Why is Venice Beach dangerous?
The ocean water at the Venice Beach area is polluted. Pollution increases after a rain storm because the street debris from the city streets runs down the storm drains to the ocean.
What restaurants are on the Santa Monica pier?
Best Santa Monica Pier Restaurants in Santa Monica, CA
- The Albright. 1.3 mi. 1481 reviews.
- The Lobster. 1.1 mi. 2558 reviews.
- Del Frisco’s Grille. 1.1 mi. 1184 reviews.
- Big Dean’s Ocean Front Cafe. 1.2 mi. 569 reviews.
- JAPADOG California. 1.3 mi. 277 reviews.
- Water Grill – Santa Monica. 1.1 mi. 2036 reviews.
- Santa Monica Picnic Co. 1.3 mi. 14 reviews.
- Pier Burger. 1.3 mi. 565 reviews.
Is it safe to walk around Venice beach at night?
Venice is not dangerous at all. There are people in the area that would be considered “undesirable” by the new faux-riche residents, but it’s perfectly safe to be at during the night.
Do any celebrities live in Venice Beach?
Well-known former and current residents of Venice include actresses Julia Roberts, Kate Beckinsale, and Anjelica Huston, actors Tom Conway, Nicolas Cage, Chaney Kley, Tim Meadows, Robert Hegyes and musicians Perry Farrell, Evidence of Dilated Peoples, Joshua Kadison, John Lydon, Ozzy from Survivor, John Frusciante of
Is Venice Beach worth visiting?
The beach part of Venice Beach is definitely a worthwhile and unique place to visit on a weekend. A lot of people and street performers. What is not widely known is that hidden away a block or two inland are some interesting modern houses along the canals. Also inland is the retail district along Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Is Venice Beach a bad area?
Venice Beach used to be one of California’s great places. Today, Venice Beach is off limits to families who used to spend their Saturdays at the shore. It’s simply too dangerous.
Are there sharks in Venice Beach California?
VENICE, CA — A shark sighting near the Venice Pier Monday prompted a warning from Los Angeles County Fire Department Lifeguards. It’s not uncommon to see juvenile great white sharks that size near the Los Angeles County coastline. Juvenile great whites feed off fish and stingrays abundant in the area.
Is Venice Beach Safe?
The city has a property crime rate of 12.6 per 1,000 people. Venice, though slightly larger with a population of 23,362, was No. 17 on the list. The city in Sarasota County has reported a violent crime rate in 2020 of 1.1 per 1,000 people and a property crime rate of 13.8.
What time does the Santa Monica Pier close?
The Pier is open 6 AM – 8 PM daily.
Is LA safe at night?
It’s relatively safe, but just be careful at night. Overall, public transport in Los Angeles is pretty safe. Just BE AWARE of your surroundings.
Is the water at Venice beach clean?
Most of the worst beach water pollution comes when it rains. A beach can easily go from an A rating to an F after a rainstorm, as our storm drains and creeks empty right into the ocean.
Here are L.A.’s Cleanest—and Dirtiest—Beaches, Graded by Heal the Bay.
|Beach Name||Summer Dry Grade|
|Venice Beach, at Windward Ave.||B|
Is Compton dangerous for tourists?
There is no reason to be “afraid” of a city that is called, “The City of Hope”. Compton is as dangerous as any other city and has gained a reputation of being a gang related and violent place when it isn’t.