- 1 Is there a direct train from Zurich to Venice?
- 2 How long is the train ride from Zurich to Lake Como?
- 3 Does Eurostar go to Venice?
- 4 How long is train ride from Venice to Switzerland?
- 5 How far is Venice from Zurich?
- 6 What city in Switzerland is closest to Italy?
- 7 Is Como worth visiting?
- 8 What is the best time of year to visit Lake Como?
- 9 What is the best town to stay in Lake Como?
- 10 How much is a train ticket from Paris to Venice?
- 11 How much is the train from London to Venice?
- 12 How long is the train ride from London to Venice?
- 13 What is the best month to go to Switzerland?
- 14 Is Switzerland more expensive than Italy?
- 15 How many days do you need in Switzerland?
Is there a direct train from Zurich to Venice?
No, there are no direct train services from Zurich Hb to Venice. Travelling from Zurich Hb to Venice by train will require a minimum of 1 change.
How long is the train ride from Zurich to Lake Como?
The average journey time by train between Zurich and Como is 3 hours and 41 minutes. The quickest route is 2 hours and 58 minutes. The first train leaves Zurich Hb station at 06:10, while the last one leaves at 22:32. There are 32 trains connecting Zurich to Como every day, 5 of which are Eurocity direct trains.
Does Eurostar go to Venice?
To travel from London to Venice by train you’ll have to first take the Eurostar to Paris. You can then either take the overnight Thello train direct from Paris to Venice (14.5 hours) or the daytime TGV from Paris to Turin (6 hours) then connect to a Trenitalia Frecciarossa train to Venice (3.5 hours).
How long is train ride from Venice to Switzerland?
Many of Trenitalia’s Frecciargento AV trains make the daily journey between Venice and Geneva in just 7 hours, traveling up to 155 miles per hour.
How far is Venice from Zurich?
The distance between Venice and Zürich is 361 km. The road distance is 540.8 km.
What city in Switzerland is closest to Italy?
The only place where access is really really easy is Ticino, which is south of the Alps and is located in the Ticino river basin, which flows southward to Italy, creating the border between Lombardy and Piedmont regions in Italy before merging into Po river.
Is Como worth visiting?
Pretty much everyone has heard of Lake Como – it’s one of the most popular destinations in Italy after all! With a faded veneer of old money gentility, picturesque Victorian gardens and lakeshore restaurants, Lake Como is well worth a visit – even with the hoards of tourists who flock here each summer.
What is the best time of year to visit Lake Como?
The best time to visit Lake Como and its surrounding areas would be from April to October, when the weather gets warm and mild.
What is the best town to stay in Lake Como?
Where to Stay in Lake Como – Best Towns & Hotels
- Taking a boat is one of the best ways to explore Lake Como.
- Christmas season light show in Como town – Photo by Darray/Shutterstock.com.
- Como town.
- Cernobbio, Lake Como.
- Villa D’Este in Cernobbio – Photo by LaMiaFotografia/Shutterstock.com.
- Moltrasio, Lake Como.
- Bellagio – one of the best towns to stay in Lake Como.
How much is a train ticket from Paris to Venice?
The price of train tickets from Paris to Venice starts at $62.23 one-way for a Standard Class ticket if you book in advance. Booking on the day is usually more expensive and costs can vary depending on the time of day, route or class.
How much is the train from London to Venice?
London to Venice by train
|Journey time||From 22m|
|Price||€107.80 – €531|
|Distance||705 miles (1134 km)|
|Frequency||3 trains per day|
How long is the train ride from London to Venice?
The average journey time by train between London and Venice is 21 hours and 59 minutes, with around 1 trains per day.
What is the best month to go to Switzerland?
The best month to visit Switzerland is September. The weather is generally pleasant and allows for all activities except winter sports. It’s just after the summer high season, so it’s no longer crowded.
Is Switzerland more expensive than Italy?
Switzerland is 99.6% more expensive than Italy.
How many days do you need in Switzerland?
Ideally, a 6–7 days itinerary is enough to explore Switzerland. Switzerland has a number of beautiful places to see. You can visit Zermatt, Montreaux, Jungfraujoch and many other places of interest in Switzerland.