- 1 What is the best location to stay in Venice?
- 2 Where should I stay in Venice for the first time?
- 3 How can I go to Venice on a budget?
- 4 How can I stay in Italy for cheap?
- 5 What should you not do in Venice?
- 6 What is the best month to go to Venice?
- 7 How much does a gondola ride in Venice cost?
- 8 Is it better to stay on Venice Island or mainland?
- 9 How much is a taxi from Marco Polo Airport to Venice?
- 10 Does Venice smell?
- 11 Can you drink water from the tap in Venice?
- 12 Is it expensive in Venice?
- 13 How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Italy?
- 14 How much does a trip to Italy cost for 2?
- 15 What is the best tour company for Italy?
What is the best location to stay in Venice?
The 10 Best Neighborhoods in Venice for Tourists
- Santa Croce.
- Lido de Venezia.
- Burano & Mazzorbo.
Where should I stay in Venice for the first time?
- Where to Stay in Venice.
- Venice Neighborhood Guide.
- Venice’s 5 Best Areas to Stay in.
- #1 San Marco – Where to stay in Venice first time.
- #2 Cannaregio – Where to stay in Venice on a budget.
- #3 Dorsoduro – Best area to stay in Venice for nightlife.
- #4 Castello – Coolest place to stay in Venice.
How can I go to Venice on a budget?
Most visitors to Venice will want to visit historic buildings, art galleries, and museums. The entrance costs can quickly mount up. By far the cheapest way to get the best prices is by purchasing a pass online for entrance to most popular visitor attractions.
How can I stay in Italy for cheap?
To travel affordably, consider visiting cities and regions that are less famously touristy but equally beautiful.
- Hostels in Italy.
- Monasteries and religious housing.
- Agriturismo: stay on a farm.
- Camping and glamping.
- Tapping into the budget traveler network.
What should you not do in Venice?
9 Things *Not* To Do In Venice
- Do NOT go to Harry’s Bar.
- Do NOT touch the canals.
- Do NOT get in the gondola.
- Do NOT bother with Murano and Borano.
- Do NOT get attached to the idea of breakfast as you know it.
- Do NOT arrive by cruise ship.
- Do NOT visit in the summer.
- Do NOT bring a roll-aboard.
What is the best month to go to Venice?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Although the temperatures – which range from the upper 30s to mid-70s – necessitate some layers, the lowered hotel rates and the barren canals make it worth it.
How much does a gondola ride in Venice cost?
How much does a gondola ride in Venice cost? Standard gondola rides in Venice have a fixed cost 80 euros for a private 25-30 minutes tour. At night, however, the cost of a gondola ride is 120 euros for a private 25-30 minutes tour.
Is it better to stay on Venice Island or mainland?
Bottom line is that you should stay in Venice proper and you’ll still be able to get to the airport in time for your flight by several methods. Also remember that if you do decide to stay on the island 2 nights and then the last night on the mainland, your last night might be a lot cheaper.
How much is a taxi from Marco Polo Airport to Venice?
Plan on spending 40 euros for a taxi between Marco Polo Airport and the Piazzale Roma. For other fares, see the photo above. Add-ons for luggage, late-night trips, and travel on public holidays could push the fare higher, so ask the driver for an estimate if you’re watching your euros.
Does Venice smell?
Venice canals do not smell.
Contrary to what other tourists say, Venice doesn’t smell at all. If anything, you’ll smell salt water in the canals. Some say though that during summer when water levels are lower in smaller canals they can smell a bit. Other than that, Venice stays odor-free.
Can you drink water from the tap in Venice?
You can drink the water in Venice and save yourself the expense and waste of bottled water. Venice’s tap water is pumped in from the Italian mainland so you don’t have to worry about anything questionable in the water that is floating under the city.
Is it expensive in Venice?
With its historical canals, gondolas, and winding streets, Venice is considered one of the most romantic and most famous cities in the world. However, the city is very expensive, especially on the main island.
How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Italy?
For two people I would budget about $2,000 for two weeks. But have more available in case you need it. FIRST: you shouldn’t take a gawdang penny with you. Take an ATM card and withdraw as needed.
How much does a trip to Italy cost for 2?
Italy trip cost
For ten days in Italy including three major cities and two day trips, you can expect to pay about $2,600 USD which is actually more than a month long trip to Southeast Asia. While this may seem like a lot, consider how much you are seeing and doing during your visit.
What is the best tour company for Italy?
Here are the nine best tour companies in Italy:
- Strawberry Tours.
- Italy Food Tours.
- Divina Cucina Culinary Experiences.
- Walks of Italy.
- Travel Italian Style.
- Intrepid Travel. This is my go-to travel company when I’m looking for multi-day or multi-week trips.