- 1 Is Venice Beach a good place to live?
- 2 Is Venice Beach expensive to live?
- 3 Do any celebrities live in Venice Beach?
- 4 Is Venice Beach a safe area?
- 5 What should I avoid in LA?
- 6 Why is Venice Beach so popular?
- 7 Why is Venice Beach dangerous?
- 8 Is it safe to walk around Venice beach at night?
- 9 What salary do you need to live in LA?
- 10 What is the richest part of LA?
- 11 Which beach is better Santa Monica or Venice?
- 12 Where can I find celebrities in LA?
- 13 Can you walk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach?
- 14 Why does Venice Beach have so many homeless?
- 15 Is Venice Beach water clean?
Is Venice Beach a good place to live?
Venice is in Los Angeles County and is one of the best places to live in California. Living in Venice offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. In Venice there are a lot of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks.
Is Venice Beach expensive to live?
But the residents are changing as well.” Over the course of just a couple of years, Venice has become one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Los Angeles. As for median rental price per square foot, Venice is the most expensive place in L.A.
Do any celebrities live in Venice Beach?
Well-known former and current residents of Venice include actresses Julia Roberts, Kate Beckinsale, and Anjelica Huston, actors Tom Conway, Nicolas Cage, Chaney Kley, Tim Meadows, Robert Hegyes and musicians Perry Farrell, Evidence of Dilated Peoples, Joshua Kadison, John Lydon, Ozzy from Survivor, John Frusciante of
Is Venice Beach a safe area?
Venice is a prime area in that it is close to a lot of great restaurants and locations. Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier, the Grove, Downtown Culver City, and Sony Pictures are all very close by. However, as for Venice itself, safety is a problem. The neighborhood is not very safe nor very family friendly.
What should I avoid in LA?
12 Things Not to Do in Los Angeles
- Don’t eat at Pink’s Hot Dogs.
- Don’t take a star home tour.
- Don’t shop on Rodeo Drive or The Grove.
- Don’t hike Runyon Canyon.
- Don’t go to Hollywood and Highland.
- Don’t walk the Venice Beach Boardwalk on the weekend.
- Don’t rely on public transportation or taxis to get around.
- Don’t go to the Sunset Strip during the day.
Why is Venice Beach so popular?
It is a success because of the crowds of walkers it attracts and its stores. Venice has a totally different scene (a throwback to the 60’s) with hucksters, tattoo parlors, Muscle Beach, homeless, a bike path, lots of local color (CSI LA films here a lot) and it is adjacent to the sand.
Why is Venice Beach dangerous?
The ocean water at the Venice Beach area is polluted. Pollution increases after a rain storm because the street debris from the city streets runs down the storm drains to the ocean.
Is it safe to walk around Venice beach at night?
Venice is not dangerous at all. There are people in the area that would be considered “undesirable” by the new faux-riche residents, but it’s perfectly safe to be at during the night.
What salary do you need to live in LA?
Using the 50-30-20 rule for personal budgeting (50 percent of income toward necessary costs like housing and food, 30 percent for “discretionary spending” like entertainment and going out, 20 percent for savings), an Angeleno needs to make $74,371 a year to live “comfortably” in Los Angeles, a study by finance site
What is the richest part of LA?
The richest neighborhoods in Los Angeles
- 90077 (Bel Air/Beverly Glen)
- 90274 (Palos Verdes Estates)
- 91108 (San Marino)
- 90272 (Pacific Palisades/Rustic Canyon)
- 91011 (La Cañada Flintridge)
- 90210 (Beverly Hills)
- 91302 (Hidden Hills/Calabasas)
- 91436 (Encino)
Which beach is better Santa Monica or Venice?
I would characterize Santa Monica as a bit more big-city meets the beach – generally IMHO its nicer and more upscale than Venice (though home prices in both places might make one’s eyes water) which is also big-city meets the beach, but in a more urban grit sort of way.
Where can I find celebrities in LA?
Where to Spot a Celebrity in Los Angeles
- Palm trees, endless summers, and forever beach days aside, many people flock to Los Angeles with the hope of spotting someone famous.
- Runyon Canyon.
- Musso & Frank Grill.
- Hollywood Roosevelt.
- Beauty & Essex.
- TCL Chinese Theatres.
- Little Dom’s.
- Franklin Village.
Can you walk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach?
Can I Walk From Santa Monica to Venice Beach? The short answer here is that it is possible though its roughly a 45 minute walk (just over two miles or three and a half kilometers) so if it’s a nice day and you enjoy walking, go for it!
Why does Venice Beach have so many homeless?
Parking lots along the Los Angeles beaches are roped off. Along the boardwalk in Venice Beach, all the businesses are closed. The vast majority of homeless that remain unsheltered, especially in places like Venice Beach, are either drug addicts, alcoholics, mentally ill, or criminals.
Is Venice Beach water clean?
Most of the worst beach water pollution comes when it rains.
Here are L.A.’s Cleanest—and Dirtiest—Beaches, Graded by Heal the Bay.
|Beach Name||Summer Dry Grade|
|Venice Beach, 50 yards south of Fishing Pier||A+|