- 1 How long is the train ride from Lake Como to Venice?
- 2 Is there a direct train from Venice to Lake Como?
- 3 Is Lake Como worth visiting?
- 4 How many days do you need in Lake Como?
- 5 How far is Venice from Lake Como?
- 6 What is special about Lake Como?
- 7 How many days spend in Venice?
- 8 How do I get from Milan to Como?
- 9 Is there a high-speed train from Milan to Venice?
- 10 What is the best month to visit Lake Como?
- 11 Which is better to visit Lake Como or Lake Garda?
- 12 Is Lake Como overrated?
- 13 Which is the best town to stay in Lake Como?
- 14 Where can you stay in Lake Como without a car?
- 15 What airport do you fly into for Lake Como?
How long is the train ride from Lake Como to Venice?
The average journey time by train between Como San Giovanni and Venice is 5 hours and 8 minutes, with around 14 trains per day.
Is there a direct train from Venice to Lake Como?
As said above: there is no direct train from Venice to Lake Como. There is a direct train from Venice dp 15.20 to Lugano ar 19.38, however. This train stops at Chiasso too. From Chiasso, it’s a short taxi ride to Como or to Cernobbio (both about 3 miles from Chiasso).
Is Lake Como worth visiting?
Pretty much everyone has heard of Lake Como – it’s one of the most popular destinations in Italy after all! With a faded veneer of old money gentility, picturesque Victorian gardens and lakeshore restaurants, Lake Como is well worth a visit – even with the hoards of tourists who flock here each summer.
How many days do you need in Lake Como?
I’d suggest to spend at least 3-4 days, because there are a lot of towns and things to see and you will need time to experience Lake Como at its best.
How far is Venice from Lake Como?
The distance between Venice and Como is 256 km. 6 дней назад
What is special about Lake Como?
The lake is famous for the natural beauty of its setting and for the handsome villas on its shores. Among the many noted lakeside resorts are Como, Lecco, Bellagio, Tremezzo, Menaggio, and Varenna. Several towns are connected by steamer services.
How many days spend in Venice?
Spend 2-3 days in Venice, and you’ll be able to experience the city’s many highlights and visit a few of the surrounding islands, like Burano and Morano.
How do I get from Milan to Como?
The first option to reach Como from Milan by train is travelling by train from Milan Centrale or Porta Garibaldi to Como S. Giovanni, a station about 10 minutes walk from the lake front.
Is there a high-speed train from Milan to Venice?
Traveling by high–speed train
The fastest and most comfortable way to travel from Venice to Milan is by taking the Le Frecce high–speed train. This modern and luxurious train will get you to your destination in only 2 hours and 25 minutes. For actual travel times, check out our timetable.
What is the best month to visit Lake Como?
The best time to visit Lake Como and its surrounding areas would be from April to October, when the weather gets warm and mild.
Which is better to visit Lake Como or Lake Garda?
The general perception is that Lake Garda is more touristy and crowded than Lake Como. On the other hand, Lake Como is developed all the way around the lake… but with scattered villages that range between touristy and crowded and the more “authentic.” (Como, Bellagio, and Varenna are especially popular with visitors).
Is Lake Como overrated?
1 Overrated: Lake Como Isn’t The Only Lake In Italy
Lake Como earned its fame through its association with celebrities like George Clooney, so its real appeal is in its villas and luxury hotels. To top it off, the weather is often overcast and a little chilly. Plus, the lake itself isn’t great for swimming.
Which is the best town to stay in Lake Como?
- Menaggio – Where to stay in Lake Como first time. Menaggio is the main town on the western shore of Lake Como.
- Como – Where to stay in Lake Como on a budget.
- Bellagio – Best area to stay in Lake Como for nightlife.
- Varenna – Coolest place to stay in Lake Como.
- Tremezzo – Best Region in Lake Como for families.
Where can you stay in Lake Como without a car?
The regular ferry service is why I think Varenna is the best place to stay in Lake Como without a car. There was no need to have to worry about negotiating narrow streets or finding somewhere to park – if you are prepared to walk a little to reach the ferry port, a car isn’t necessary.
What airport do you fly into for Lake Como?
Most overseas visitors flying into Italy with an agenda to visit Lake Como will choose to land at Milan’s Malpensa airport. This airport is roughly 25 miles south of Como town. Many major airlines fly into Malpensa airport, including Continental, Delta, USAir, British Airways, KLM, Scandinavian and many more.