- 1 Is it better to stay in Venice Beach or Santa Monica?
- 2 Can you walk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach?
- 3 Is it safe to walk around Venice beach at night?
- 4 Is Venice Beach dangerous?
- 5 Is Santa Monica safe for tourists?
- 6 What should I avoid in Los Angeles?
- 7 Is Venice Beach worth visiting?
- 8 What is the best time to go to Venice Beach?
- 9 What is the best neighborhood to stay in Los Angeles?
- 10 Do any celebrities live in Venice Beach?
- 11 Is LA safe at night?
- 12 Is Compton dangerous for tourists?
- 13 Are there sharks in Venice Beach California?
- 14 Which parts of LA are dangerous?
- 15 Can you go to Venice Beach right now?
Is it better to stay in Venice Beach or Santa Monica?
Looking at them, Santa Monica is certainly the more stylish, upmarket suburb of the two. It’s catering to more sophisticated shopping and travel. Venice Beach attracts a younger more grungy traveler, and the accommodation is styled and sized to suit that market.
Can you walk from Santa Monica to Venice Beach?
Can I Walk From Santa Monica to Venice Beach? The short answer here is that it is possible though its roughly a 45 minute walk (just over two miles or three and a half kilometers) so if it’s a nice day and you enjoy walking, go for it!
Is it safe to walk around Venice beach at night?
Venice is not dangerous at all. There are people in the area that would be considered “undesirable” by the new faux-riche residents, but it’s perfectly safe to be at during the night.
Is Venice Beach dangerous?
Today, Venice Beach is off limits to families who used to spend their Saturdays at the shore. It’s simply too dangerous. On the sand, beached seaweed now mingles with syringes, feces, broken glass and other trash, and the ocean has become the biggest outdoor toilet in the city.
Is Santa Monica safe for tourists?
Santa Monica is not a high-crime area, but as is the case in many tourist destinations, visitors to the city may be targets for muggings or robberies, especially if they appear particularly affluent or vulnerable. It’s important to take common sense precautions.
What should I avoid in Los Angeles?
12 Things Not to Do in Los Angeles
- Don’t eat at Pink’s Hot Dogs.
- Don’t take a star home tour.
- Don’t shop on Rodeo Drive or The Grove.
- Don’t hike Runyon Canyon.
- Don’t go to Hollywood and Highland.
- Don’t walk the Venice Beach Boardwalk on the weekend.
- Don’t rely on public transportation or taxis to get around.
- Don’t go to the Sunset Strip during the day.
Is Venice Beach worth visiting?
The beach part of Venice Beach is definitely a worthwhile and unique place to visit on a weekend. A lot of people and street performers. What is not widely known is that hidden away a block or two inland are some interesting modern houses along the canals. Also inland is the retail district along Abbot Kinney Blvd.
What is the best time to go to Venice Beach?
Most clubs don’t get going until at least 9 pm and will play live music through the year. Best Time for Visiting Venice Beach: The best time for taking a dip in the Pacific Ocean is early summer through early fall. The water temperature is much more enjoyable as the summer moves forward.
What is the best neighborhood to stay in Los Angeles?
The 7 Best Neighborhoods in Los Angeles for Tourists
- Hollywood. Hollywood is a great place to stay for first-time visitors to Los Angeles – and especially good if you don’t plan on renting a car as it’s a hub for public transportation.
- West Hollywood.
- Beverly Hills.
- Venice Beach.
- Santa Monica.
Do any celebrities live in Venice Beach?
Well-known former and current residents of Venice include actresses Julia Roberts, Kate Beckinsale, and Anjelica Huston, actors Tom Conway, Nicolas Cage, Chaney Kley, Tim Meadows, Robert Hegyes and musicians Perry Farrell, Evidence of Dilated Peoples, Joshua Kadison, John Lydon, Ozzy from Survivor, John Frusciante of
Is LA safe at night?
It’s relatively safe, but just be careful at night. Overall, public transport in Los Angeles is pretty safe. Just BE AWARE of your surroundings.
Is Compton dangerous for tourists?
There is no reason to be “afraid” of a city that is called, “The City of Hope”. Compton is as dangerous as any other city and has gained a reputation of being a gang related and violent place when it isn’t.
Are there sharks in Venice Beach California?
VENICE, CA — A shark sighting near the Venice Pier Monday prompted a warning from Los Angeles County Fire Department Lifeguards. It’s not uncommon to see juvenile great white sharks that size near the Los Angeles County coastline. Juvenile great whites feed off fish and stingrays abundant in the area.
Which parts of LA are dangerous?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Los Angeles, CA
- Chinatown. Population 23,676. 305 %
- Civic Center-Little Tokyo. Population 3,457. 299 %
- South Park. Population 7,021. 269 %
- Lincoln Heights. Population 2,763. 265 %
- Leiment Park. Population 10,458. 199 %
- West Adams. Population 11,961. 198 %
- South Los Angeles. Population 248,666. 132 %
- Hyde Park. Population 34,645. 123 %
Can you go to Venice Beach right now?
All public beaches are open for active recreation only (running, walking, swimming & surfing – no group activities, no crowds/gatherings, chairs, canopies, coolers, grills, or sunbathing allowed on wet and dry sand). City managed public beach parking lots are open with limited capacity. Piers remain closed.