- 1 Is there a direct train from Florence to Venice?
- 2 What is the best way to travel from Florence to Venice?
- 3 Can you do a day trip to Venice from Florence?
- 4 How long is the train trip from Venice to Florence?
- 5 What is the best month to visit Venice Italy?
- 6 How many days should I spend in Venice?
- 7 Is Venice or Florence better?
- 8 Is Florence Italy safe at night?
- 9 What is the best location to stay in Florence?
- 10 What is the best town in Tuscany?
- 11 What are the best day trips from Florence?
- 12 What is the closest city to Venice Italy?
- 13 Is the train ride from Venice to Florence scenic?
- 14 How much is a train ticket from Venice to Florence?
- 15 How far is Venice from Pisa?
Is there a direct train from Florence to Venice?
About the journey from Florence to Venice
There are about 22 direct trains covering 204km (127 miles) from Florence to Venice every day, with the first train departing from Firenze Campo di Marte at 01:47 and the last train departing from Firenze Santa Maria Novella at 21:30.
What is the best way to travel from Florence to Venice?
Taking the train is the fastest way to travel from Florence to Venice. Both Trenitalia and Italo both operate direct trains between Florence and Venice. Traveling from Florence to Venice by train takes as little as 1:50 h.
Can you do a day trip to Venice from Florence?
The #1 Rule for a Florence to Venice Day Trip
Taking a Venice day trip from Florence also makes for a very long day in which you‘ll spend nearly 5 hours on trains, then potentially additional time on a vaporetto (water bus) once you arrive in Venice.
How long is the train trip from Venice to Florence?
Venice Florence. Traveling by train from Venice to Florence is an easy and enjoyable journey. Many Freccia high-speed trains make the 166 mile trip in just 2 hour and 5 minutes. Get ready for a delightfully scenic ride as you travel south from Italy’s Adriatic coast through Emilia-Romagna and Tuscany.
What is the best month to visit Venice Italy?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Although the temperatures – which range from the upper 30s to mid-70s – necessitate some layers, the lowered hotel rates and the barren canals make it worth it.
How many days should I spend in Venice?
Spend 2-3 days in Venice, and you’ll be able to experience the city’s many highlights and visit a few of the surrounding islands, like Burano and Morano.
Is Venice or Florence better?
With limited time, Venice may be the better choice. Just being there is the best part – there are only a few must-see sights. Florence has a lot of renaissance must-sees. If you don’t have time to see them, you will miss the biggest reason to be there.
Is Florence Italy safe at night?
Florence is a small city and generally a safe place where street-smart rules apply. Avoid wandering around town alone, late at night, particularly in the Santa Maria Novella area. Stick to main roads; avoid narrow back alleys.
What is the best location to stay in Florence?
If you want to be right in the very heart of Florence, I’d suggest staying anywhere between Piazza San Marco to the north, Piazza Santa Croce to the east, Ponte Vecchio and the Arno to the south and Piazza Santa Maria Novella to the west.
What is the best town in Tuscany?
Best towns in Tuscany – OVERVIEW
- San Gimignano.
What are the best day trips from Florence?
12 Top-Rated Day Trips from Florence
- Pisa. Pisa.
- Bologna. Bologna.
- Siena. Siena.
- Lucca. Lucca.
- Cinque Terre. Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre.
- Monti del Chianti. Monti del Chianti.
- San Gimignano. San Gimignano.
- Assisi. The Basilica di San Francesco and Assisi.
What is the closest city to Venice Italy?
Major cities near Venice, Italy
- 34 km to Padova, Italy.
- 34 km to Padua, Italy.
- 103 km to Verona, Italy.
- 117 km to Trieste, Italy.
- 130 km to Bologna, Italy.
- 185 km to Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 203 km to Florence, Italy.
- 243 km to Milan, Italy.
Is the train ride from Venice to Florence scenic?
Venice to Florence
Slow is by far the best way to go between these two cities, taking in scenic spots along the way like Bologna, Prato and Ravenna, as well as sprawling natural landscapes as the train climbs up through Emilia-Romagna and dips back down towards the iconic cypress topped hills of Tuscany.
How much is a train ticket from Venice to Florence?
Venice to Florence by train
|Journey time||From 2h 1m|
|Price||$18.68 – $129.02|
|Distance||127 miles (204 km)|
|Frequency||26 trains per day|
How far is Venice from Pisa?
Venice is 200 miles (322 km) northeast of Pisa, and although most train rides take the same amount of time to drive this distance, having a car in Venice is an inconvenience.