- 1 Is December a good time to visit Venice?
- 2 Does it snow in Venice in December?
- 3 Does Venice have Christmas markets?
- 4 Is it worth visiting Venice in winter?
- 5 How many days in Venice is enough?
- 6 Is Venice expensive?
- 7 What is there to do in Venice in December?
- 8 What should I buy in Venice?
- 9 Is it a good idea to go to Italy in December?
- 10 Is Venice crowded in December?
- 11 How many nights should I stay in Venice?
- 12 Where is the best Christmas market in the world?
- 13 Is Venice dangerous?
- 14 How cold does Venice get in winter?
- 15 Does Venice freeze in winter?
Is December a good time to visit Venice?
The best time to visit Venice is from September to November when tourists desert the city. Winters are cold with temperatures in the 30s and 40s, while spring brings Venice’s most beautiful weather.
Does it snow in Venice in December?
During the last 2 years in Venice, Venice weather has snowed 2 times, during December 2017 and during January 2018. Snow coming down from the sky in Venice is amazing and we hope you’ll have the opportunity to see it since it makes the city even more magical than it already is.
Does Venice have Christmas markets?
The Venice Christmas market is the perfect place for something a little different for your loved ones to unwrap on December 25th – from traditional carnival masks to Murano glass jewellery and marbled paper gifts. One section of the market is dedicated to Italian foods.
Is it worth visiting Venice in winter?
Winter is a romantic season in Venice, and the more civilized crowds and lower prices make it an appealing time to visit.
How many days in Venice is enough?
Spend 2-3 days in Venice, and you’ll be able to experience the city’s many highlights and visit a few of the surrounding islands, like Burano and Morano.
Is Venice expensive?
With its historical canals, gondolas, and winding streets, Venice is considered one of the most romantic and most famous cities in the world. However, the city is very expensive, especially on the main island.
What is there to do in Venice in December?
10 Reasons to Visit Venice This Winter
- Venice Carnevale.
- Campo San Polo Ice Rink.
- Hot Chocolate at Caffè Florian.
- Saint Mark’s Basilica.
- Gondola Rides.
- Teatro La Fenice.
- Libreria Acqua Alta.
- Club del Doge.
What should I buy in Venice?
Top 15 Things to Buy in Venice
- Murano Glass. If you’re looking for authentic Italian glasswork unlike anywhere else in the world, head to the small island northeast of Venice called Murano, the birthplace of glass-blowing.
- Authentic Venetian Wooden Puzzles.
- Burano Lace.
- Venetian Masks.
- Door Knockers.
- Leather Handbags.
- Paper Products.
- Gondolier’s Hat.
Is it a good idea to go to Italy in December?
Most people think of Italy as a summer destination but December can be a great time to visit Italy. There are fewer crowds so the pace is a lot less hectic than it is during the peak tourist season and the food tastes the same no matter the season. Italy in December has a lot to offer the discerning tourist.
Is Venice crowded in December?
While Venice in December can be intimidating to consider, it can make up for a relaxing holiday with little to no crowd during the festive season. However, despite the cold, locals in Venice enjoy ice-skating at one of its biggest rinks at Campo San Polo — the city’s largest square.
How many nights should I stay in Venice?
In practice, most visitors will only have a few days, but we would advise anyone to consider four nights as a minimum. With a two night break, visitors are left with only one full day to explore, which means there is more time spent travelling than enjoying the destination.
Where is the best Christmas market in the world?
17 of the best Christmas markets in the world
- Stockholm, Sweden – Stortorget julmarknad.
- Helsinki, Finland – Helsinki Christmas Market.
- Sibiu, Romania – Piața Mare.
- Strasbourg, France – Christkindelsmärik.
- Toronto, ON, Canada – Toronto Christmas Market.
- Dresden, Germany – Dresdner Striezelmarkt.
- Copenhagen, Denmark – Tivoli Gardens.
- Moscow, Russia – The Red Square.
Is Venice dangerous?
Venice is generally not a dangerous city, so for the most part, you can walk safely by its canals and campos. However, be careful with pickpockets, who tend to gravitate toward heavily congested areas. They’re fond of tourist spots, so keep an eye on your belongings.
How cold does Venice get in winter?
In winter the average temperature is below 50°F (10°C). It can get extremely cold and it snows quite frequently. We only recommend visiting Venice during the winter months if you want to witness the Venice Carnival or if you can only can’t go any other time of the year.
Does Venice freeze in winter?
Can Venice’s canals freeze over in winter? Yes. Venice’s canals can certainly can freeze, and the frozen canals look amazing. However, this phenomenon is incredibly rare, due to the heat from the city, the region’s temperate climate, and the brackish nature of the water in the Venetian Lagoon.